Persigubin Gunung Bintang - An Indonesian adventure

We finished off the regular season perfectly and headed into the 2nd phase full of confidence. Perseta fell to 5th and eventually Madiun Putra got the other 2nd phase place in our league. We were drawn against a tough Persebaya side led by possibly the best center mid in the country, but first we faced a pretty average side led by some 17 year old striker, fortunately he was the only one who turned up as we won a pretty comfortable 3-1, but Persebaya should provide the real test if we are going to top the group and face the winners of the other group in the final.

The cup yet again went surprisingly well! A comfortable first leg win ensured rest for the second leg and the 2nd phase. So now all we have to do is win the final, which should be as easy as it sounds given the relatively average fellow 2nd tier opposition we will face. I have no idea where all the super league teams went...

Despite the perfect month no one really stood out, not even Van Dijk. So for consistent good performances at the back...

Player of the month

Rahmat Juliandri
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Avg rating: 7.34

Next month we battle for the league title and try to avenge last season by winning the cup...

That went well... We started by beating Persebaya, who went down to 10 men in the first half, which meant we qualified for the final. There we faced a side with 2 great strikers who had scored 36 goals throughout the season, fortunately they had an off day but were bailed out by a CM who equalised with 20 minutes to go, cancelling out our opener 10 minutes before. With the game heading to ET our RB Onni Suryawan, in his 48th game for the club, miss-hit a cross into the top corner for his 1st ever goal! So we earned promotion in the best way possible, the super league awaits!

The cup was more of the usual story, it was an edgy 0-0 at half time as both teams played defensively. Howether with 20 minutes left Van Dijk gave us the lead, he then scored again 5 minutes later before rounding it off with a legendary hat-trick in the last minute as we eventually cruised to victory! With 2 trophies in less than a week the club has a lot of prize money ready to spend which should definitely help in the transfer market, i`ve already got a big name coming...

Waringin Jati was man of the match in the premier division final with 2 assists, but just like most of the season, only 1 player is in contention for POTM...

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 4
Avg rating: 7.97

Next the transfer window opens as I look to spend the prize money won in the past month...

End of season review

Premier division 1st phase: 1st

Premier division 2nd phase: 1st

Premier division final: Won

Indonesian cup: Won

A perfect season! A win in every competition makes me confident of success next season. If we can dominate the premier division then I believe we can be mid table in the super league, but it is a big step up.

A few signings are just around the corner, including a Cameroon international...

Oh yeah I can`t post much until June, but I will try at least each week.

Player of the year

Once again it`s...

Sergio Van Dijk

Games: 27

Goals: 36
Assists: 15
Player of the match: 10
Avg rating: 8.27

Team of the year

View attachment 156405

Another all around good effort, I feel we need a better DM but I have a "half decent" signing in line to cover that ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately my laptop has broken :( Hopefully I can get it back with the save but it will likely take a few weeks, fortunately I couldn't post much anyway.

Transfers

In Out

View attachment 1060203 View attachment 1060204
View attachment 1060205

I`m back at last! So as we prepared an attack on the super league I decided some of the players were surplus to requirements, how ether some left for other reasons, like Sobolim who unfortunately accepted an offer from another team while Sakai was let go as we have a better foreign player on the way in. And on that topic the star signing of this window was former 21 time Cameroon international Alain N`Kong, he actually cost 7K so is my first transfer involving a fee for 3 years, I hope he can exceed Sakai`s production as the playmaker at AM, but his age, 36, means that for now he is on a 1 year deal. I also signed Indra Amin, an 18 year old DM who is already Indonesia`s first choice! He is already rated 4* by my staff so in a few years I expect him to be by far the countries best midfielder, for now he`ll hopefully play a big role, but I don`t expect too much from such a young player. We also bought a few backups and as we are now allowed an extra foreign player (but they must be asian) I loaned a centre back as I felt we needed more depth there after Sobolim departed. The rest of the signings are great youth players, so although they may not impact the team yet, don`t be surprised to see a few in the future.

Next up, after that long transfer window we leap into pre-season...

Last edited:
Anyone know why the attachments and their headings stay on the left?

yay my nation :p man I really miss van dijk at persib.. he was destroying the league that time.. i vaguely remember putut waringin too.. like '07 or '08.. when i still watch liga indonesia (i mean, persib-persija match is a must watch for the whole nation at that time lol, got hooked up to liga indonesia bc of this rivalry)

yay my nation :p man I really miss van dijk at persib.. he was destroying the league that time.. i vaguely remember putut waringin too.. like '07 or '08.. when i still watch liga indonesia (i mean, persib-persija match is a must watch for the whole nation at that time lol, got hooked up to liga indonesia bc of this rivalry)

Yeah I watched some highlights to see what Indonesian football is like IRL, the fans seem surprisingly passionate and involved. I guess it must be difficult when one week your team is at home then the next they're travelling 1000's of miles across all those seas to a completely different island, it seems like geography and funding is holding Indonesia back more than anything, as well as all the political issues (wasn't the FA suspended by FIFA? I heard that somewhere). Also is Rakasiwi well known? He's the 2nd best Indonesian winger in the game.

Yeah I watched some highlights to see what Indonesian football is like IRL, the fans seem surprisingly passionate and involved. I guess it must be difficult when one week your team is at home then the next they're travelling 1000's of miles across all those seas to a completely different island, it seems like geography and funding is holding Indonesia back more than anything, as well as all the political issues (wasn't the FA suspended by FIFA? I heard that somewhere). Also is Rakasiwi well known? He's the 2nd best Indonesian winger in the game.

Yea, diehard fans at its best lol, ikr thats why most of the team packed in java, sadly most of the talented youths came from tiny villages :S.. and yeah youtu.be/-UxpwsGAU_Y (a Copa90 video about our political status), several power struggles, corruption, government interference etc. BUT, good thing is.. the govs unfreeze the PSSI, the league will be back soon :D

rakasiwi was in NT u23 years ago, but i havent heard him in a long time.. btw, there might be a reason why he's a good winger.. bc afaik indonesian teams mostly used 3-5-2 with cutting inside wingbacks, so.. wingers are so rare..

rakasiwi was in NT u23 years ago, but i havent heard him in a long time.. btw, there might be a reason why he's a good winger.. bc afaik indonesian teams mostly used 3-5-2 with cutting inside wingbacks, so.. wingers are so rare..

Yeah I noticed all the wingers have strangely good tackling, they seem more like wing backs than attacking players, I'd never used the defensive winger role before but I use it all the time in this save. 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 are basically the only formations I've faced, though the national team uses a 4-5-1

Yeah I noticed all the wingers have strangely good tackling, they seem more like wing backs than attacking players, I'd never used the defensive winger role before but I use it all the time in this save. 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 are basically the only formations I've faced, though the national team uses a 4-5-1
our NT always appoint a foreign managers, which is annoying, since most of them uses crosses in their tactics, while our players are as tall as oompa loompas.. and now my beloved persib is running to the ground since the manager cant use his player properly..

our NT always appoint a foreign managers, which is annoying, since most of them uses crosses in their tactics, while our players are as tall as oompa loompas.. and now my beloved persib is running to the ground since the manager cant use his player properly..

Yeah I found it weird that the national team manager was Argentinian. Does Van Dijk play for you IRL? I noticed he has dual nationality

Yeah I found it weird that the national team manager was Argentinian. Does Van Dijk play for you IRL? I noticed he has dual nationality
several games yeah, he was quickly replaced by boaz solossa, a player from (surprise surprise) small town in papua..

several games yeah, he was quickly replaced by boaz solossa, a player from (surprise surprise) small town in papua..

Yeah Boaz is a beast in the game too. I remember a few years ago in my high school geography class one of the case studies we looked at was about transmigration in Indonesia, the cities look like they have a lot of poverty and sport didn't seem to be a major part of life. But in the smaller villages they seemed to do a lot more activities like football. That might be totally incorrect but it would explain what you're saying.

Last edited:

Meh, that could have gone a lot better... We played weak teams and in the first 3 games it just wasn`t happening, but we seemed to hit our stride in the last few. Maybe the players thought they were still on holiday or something, but hopefully it`s sorted now. As an additional bonus for winning the cup we played league champions PSM Makasser (sorry if I "makasserred" the spelling...) in the super cup, I was expecting a tough game, so when N`Kong scored 11 seconds into his first game for the club I was pleasantly surprised! Unfortunately we couldn`t hold on as they soon equalised, we kept it close and were by no means dominated, but in extra time CB Didik Darmardi messed up a clearance, then lost the arial battle as the ball plummeted back to earth :/, giving their Colombian front man William Mena his 2nd goal of the game. The most important thing in this game was testing us against a top super league side, and i`d say we did well.

Next up the super league starts...

So in our first game I was hoping we could ****** a result, so I sat back in the defensive formation until we went in at half time tied 1-1, then I risked it and changed to the attacking formation, and we blew them away! Unfortunately we were brought back down to earth the next game, then our old foe William Mena denied us a win against PSM, but 7 points from 12 is just the solid start I was after.

Van Dijk doesn`t seem to be losing any of his magic despite the step up, and although Rodriguez was also great in his first month at the club, there`s only one MVP on this team...

Player of the month

Sergi Van Dijk
Goals: 3
Assists: 2
Avg rating: 7.80

Next up we play no games in 3 weeks before playing 3 in one week...

A quiet month here, we had no games for 3 weeks before a barrage of them came in at the end. In the games them self we managed more wins! Granted we were playing relegation contenders, but at this stage i`m starting to think I underestimated my team, maybe we can mount a title charge? The cup also started as we won a crazy (and surprisingly close) first leg against a 4th tier side thanks in no small part to a Waringin Jati hat trick, and with 5 away goals i`d say we`re safe.

Despite no longer being a regular Waringin Jati was outstanding in his 2 games this month...

Player of the month

Putut Waringin Jati
Goals: 4
Avg rating: 8.60

Next month we have some tough games as we try to solidify our title charge...