Persigubin Gunung Bintang - An Indonesian adventure

December

Wow!
A very busy month didn`t stop us from continuing our great form as we grabbed 13/15 possible points. With the best result undoubtedly being a stunning 8-0 win over Persema! We sit 5 points clear at the top after beating fellow newly promoted side Persiwa, who are surprisingly 2nd. We also survived another unexpected barrage from the 3rd tier side in the cup before comfortably beating Persepam.

In a month where we scored 27 goals, despite not playing in the cup, Van Dijk was again on fire (or just his normal self TBH...)

Player of the month

Sergio van Dijk
Goals: 7
Assists: 2
Avg rating: 8.25

Next up, more wins?

Last edited:
"Van Dijk was again on fire (or just his normal self TBH...)"

Well.. he's on fire for you.. van Dijk returned to Persib (after THAT stint at thailand or somewhere idk) and now he's ****..

aaaaanyway.. LIGA INDONESIA a little page of Persigubin.. idk why Div2 starts at July 23rd.. our Div1 started months ago..

"Van Dijk was again on fire (or just his normal self TBH...)"

Well.. he's on fire for you.. van Dijk returned to Persib (after THAT stint at thailand or somewhere idk) and now he's ****..

aaaaanyway.. LIGA INDONESIA a little page of Persigubin.. idk why Div2 starts at July 23rd.. our Div1 started months ago..

Actually in the first season of this save he had a pretty average season with Persib, in fact now that I think about it they must have released him on a free, since that`s how I signed him. So IDK how he`s such a beast for me :D

I see Fabian Yogi left IRL :( I kept him on the game because he`s my original star, but now he wants more playing time :/

So we go marching on! A perfect month culminating in a 3-1 win in the title showdown against Arema, where surprise hero Futron scored 2 goals as we blew them away in the first 25 minutes. Now we have a double digit point lead and look firmly in control.

We also beat another surprisingly competitive 3rd tier side in the cup, and now face another lower tier side in the next round.

Although the transfer window opened i`m happy with the squad so the only upgrade was signing a left winger for my U21 team.

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 6
Assists: 1
Avg rating: 8.02

Next up, can we keep our cool and maintain the lead?

So a tricky month started just about as badly as it could have... First bottom dwellers Bontang FC took 2 points from us then Sriwijaya FC gave us a beating, both at home. Then Persija scored a late equaliser to make us drop even more points, at this stage I was beginning to think our form had been a fluke after all but a tough Van Dijk led comeback against reigning champs PSM (who strangely find themselves well down the table) after trailing with only 20 minutes left and another win against Persela mean that our lead is safe, for now...

Meanwhile in the cup we also struggled, down 2-1 on aggregate with 15 minutes left to go I thought it was over, as we needed to score twice because of away goals. Yet somehow within 5 minutes we`d done it! So onto the quarter finals we go, where we will face PSPS, a surprise package in what is turning into a 5 team race for 2nd in the league, assuming we stay clear that is...

Van Dijk turned up late this month, as we scored only once in our first 4 games, so despite single-handedly leading us past PSM POTM will be heading elsewhere this month...

Player of the month

Indra Amin
Goals: 3
Assists: 2
Avg rating: 7.34

Next month we face 4 relegation battlers, can we take advantage?

​So we come through a relatively easy month unscathed as we gain a solid 10/12 points to keep our lead safe. Though a poor performance vs Persema that we were lucky to get a point from is worrying. Other than that not much happened in the league, other than the battle for 2nd further hotting up, which can only help us as our rivals bicker amongst themselves.

The cup on the other hand dealt out another thrilling comeback! Once again we could not take advantage in the away leg and found ourselves needing 2 goals at home with 10 minutes left in the second. Yet somehow a loose ball found Rakasiwi in the area for the equaliser then within 3 minutes centre back Dae Won Ha pinged a 40 year ball out of nowhere to Rodriguez to grab the winner, I don`t know how, but we`re still in the cup!

Despite his struggles last month Van Dijk was right back on form...

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 4
Assists: 0
Avg rating: 8.15

Next month we have 5 games, 3 of which are vs Persiba...