PES 2013

Think I might switch from FIFA to PES this year.. Sick of FIFA, the gameplay is just so tacky and dull, feels as if it was built for a 5 year old. It's amazing how much influence glossy graphics and licenses can have on people!

Who actually listens to reviewers? But I agree it's surprising, usually FIFA gets a 9.9/10 and PES gets a 5/10.

Anyone know how to request a pass on the be a legend?

RANT ALERT!

Ok bought the game today after reading positive reviews. Gameplay on the pitch is enjoyable. Master league though is even more ****** up than last years disaster. Not only do the awful cut scenes remain but now konami in their wisdom have implemented a new boot system where every player starts with plain black boots and you have to unlock new coloured boots which you assign to players. This also gives players a stats boost (yes like every other 5 year old konami believe the better the boot the better the player) The whole idea is pathetic and totally ruins the mode for me. I cant even play a normal league mode because konami thought it would be a wonderful idea to completley remove it. Konami need to stop trying to better EA and start listening to their core fans before they have no fans left. They have even gone all Call of duty with a nickname unlock feature, i mean come on ffs.

Last edited:
Boots = cash money. Konami dont give a **** about us they care about the sponsorship money. Thats how the last 3 installments have been

Think I might switch from FIFA to PES this year.. Sick of FIFA, the gameplay is just so tacky and dull, feels as if it was built for a 5 year old. It's amazing how much influence glossy graphics and licenses can have on people!

Who actually listens to reviewers? But I agree it's surprising, usually FIFA gets a 9.9/10 and PES gets a 5/10.

Bad mistake, admittedly PES is enjoyable on the pitch but apart from that it lacks in a lot of places. Fifa is still the much better game out of the two, the gameplay has been improved this year with attacking intelligence and first touch so now it is more about build up play (yes I have played the Fifa demo and seen it myself).

If we were just comparing it on the gameplay alone and nothing else because it is pretty clear Fifa wins in pretty much all others areas then I would still find it hard to put PES above Fifa this year on gameplay alone, I think Fifa gameplay is really good this year.

Yeah heard about that a few weeks ago JP. It's not a terrible idea, but it's what it could lead to if the fans accept it that worry me.

so now it is more about build up play

Thanks for that, gave me a good laugh.

Yeah heard about that a few weeks ago JP. It's not a terrible idea, but it's what it could lead to if the fans accept it that worry me.

Thanks for that, gave me a good laugh.

How? Fifa 12 was far more about pace than Fifa 13 will be, therefore it is more about build up play and exploiting other areas. I don't see what you are laughing at, everyone knows Fifa 12 you could practically just run past full backs when ever you wanted and get balls into the box easily.

Edit: I am not saying I dislike PES, I just think Fifa is a better game in every way. Oh and Lee I think you thought I suggested Fifa 13 was more about build up play than PES, I was comparing Fifa 13 build up play to Fifa 12 and older versions in the last few years, not PES.

Last edited:

Its purely aimed at the kind of children who love FIFA and all its gimmicks. At least they could of give us the option to play the Master League in its classic and basic format which is what most of us loved. Also taking out the normal league mode is just stupid. Konami can be so frustrating sometimes because they have almost nailed it on the pitch.

How? Fifa 12 was far more about pace than Fifa 13 will be, therefore it is more about build up play and exploiting other areas. I don't see what you are laughing at, everyone knows Fifa 12 you could practically just run past full backs when ever you wanted and get balls into the box easily.

Edit: I am not saying I dislike PES, I just think Fifa is a better game in every way. Oh and Lee I think you thought I suggested Fifa 13 was more about build up play than PES, I was comparing Fifa 13 build up play to Fifa 12 and older versions in the last few years, not PES.

Yawn. Not this old chestnut. Everybodys bored to tears with the fifa vs pes arguments. Play which ever one brings you the most joy. Nobody cares which is better. Both have great elements and bad elements from what ive played.

Yawn. Not this old chestnut. Everybodys bored to tears with the fifa vs pes arguments. Play which ever one brings you the most joy. Nobody cares which is better. Both have great elements and bad elements from what ive played.

I wasn't comparing them, I was just thinking Andy was making a bad mistake by not buying Fifa 13 this year and buying PES instead. I think Fifa 13 has ironed out quite a few of it's flaws which it had in Fifa 12 and the previous versions, I personally love how the people who just had their finger on the sprint button whole game will not be able to do that if they want to keep possession.

I dled Pes 11 online from Konami, is Pes13 on their website now, can't find it.

I wasn't comparing them, I was just thinking Andy was making a bad mistake by not buying Fifa 13 this year and buying PES instead. I think Fifa 13 has ironed out quite a few of it's flaws which it had in Fifa 12 and the previous versions, I personally love how the people who just had their finger on the sprint button whole game will not be able to do that if they want to keep possession.

FIFA 13 is as much about pace as all the previous games.. And you can still hold sprint, as long as you play with any club above four stars.

enjoying this game so far, now waiting for the patchfiles to help fix the team/player/boot licenses.

I can't put the game down! With the PESedit patch all the big clubs and players are in.

Currently playing as Arsenal on my 4th save...I had to scrap first three saves as I was getting man handled. Turns out, I just had to tweak my tactic (turn AMC to SS's). Have signed Xavi for 36 million, Leandro Damiao, and a couple young wonderkids and am winning the Premier (got knocked out first round of FA cup tho...doh).

This version of PES is the best in YEARS. The game on the pitch is very good and satisfying and there aren't as many AI cheating moments (sometimes your players have poor reactions but that's more to do with their low reaction attribute).

Is the new PES any good? FIFA 13 isn't so I wanna know if it's worth just getting PES instead.

Hey guys come join the brand new up and coming PES 2013 1v1 site for xbox 360 which is PesGamingLeagues

theres a league of 20 teams ( might add a new league if the activity increases)
The site is not 100% completed, looking for active and reliable members. Its fun and free to play, just register and take a quick look :)