PES 2014

Montanaro

Reaction score
Just picked it up for PC...

and I'm REALLY enjoying it. Has the atmosphere of the early days, improved physics, better graphics...have yet to find much to complain about except the menus are slow to browse through and the player faces are horrible

I'm honestly thinking about giving PES a shot this year. I just simply can't play FIFA this year for some reason. I'm not the best FIFA player in the world, but I would like to say I'm "okay" at the game. I'm losing games that I never lost in FIFA 13 online and offline. I don't know what it is about FIFA 14, but I'm not liking it at the moment.

yea I'm done with this game...same scripting bullshit as usual

I can beat barca 3-1

but against Steau i get run roughshod (70% possession and 90% pass completion) by their team full of Lionel Messi's (every team is apparently full of super skilled dribblers who do feints every 5 seconds....so much for the new physics system that was suppose to improve defense!)and they pick up a goal as my defense STANDS in place and my GK stands and watches as the ball 4 feet away is tapped home (which is the same goal I gave up in 3 straight games)

Oh and gotta love the cheesin AI who run to byline, cross perfectly to a guy standing on the near post who deftly touches it into the net which is super unstoppable for the goalkeeper apparently (has happened 3 times in 10 games).

Or the super unresponsiveness...like mashing the clear button just to chest down a ball inside your own ******* box multiple times. Or mashing the slide tackle button...only to not slide tackle AT ALL. Oh, how about starting a breakaway and triple tapping sprint at the half way line (knocks ball way ahead allowing greater speed)...only for it to not work...and then you get caught by a defender, only to shed him inside the box........and then, get this, your player finally does your triple tap sprint and the ball goes 15 yards straight to the keeper....60 yards and 8 touches later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konami, get, the, ****, out!

When I play football games, I like to simulate something close to a real life football season. So even though I prefer the match engine on pro evolution the lack of licensed teams and orthodox league and cip structures kill the immersion for me.

Fifa is a poor football game in all honesty, ea have barely improved it from 2012.
However its all there is for a relisticish football game game simulation