Peter Pan, trying to make Sampdoria fly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

NunoPeixinho

Banned
Reaction score
amarassi.jpg

Breaking News

Today, Sampdoria's Chairman Riccardo Garrone fired Domenico di Carlo, sources from Sky Sports say Di Carlo's behaviour off the pitch was a disgrace to the club, with that said Garrone took matters into is own hands and told him that this was he's last day as Sampdoria's manager!

Garrone is a very successful business man, and took over Sampdoria after a rough time at the club, he always had a dream, 'One day, Sampdoria will win Calcio, and steal the glory once again'
Maybe this is a year of Sampdoria? Who will be the mastermind that will grab Garrone's dream?

The Italian Press is speculating that either

juande-ramos.jpg

Juande Ramos

Alan-Shearer-001.jpg

Alan Shearer

Darren-Ferguson-004.jpg

Darren Ferguson

One of these man will lead Sampdoria ..

Sampdoria announce their New Manager

12467902001210948575biaazz_1106flachi01.jpg

Francesco Flachi

Brief Information on Francesco Flachi

Commonly known as 'Salvatore della Patria' (Saviour of the Homeland) by Blucerchiati supporters, when he helped Sampdoria return to Serie A, his last years in Italian football were his darkest, and his disgrace among Sampdoria's fans!
On September 21, 2006, Flachi was suspended for two months by the Italian Football Federation as investigations concluded he and teammate Moris Carrozzieri were gathering information for gamblers in Italian football. Their club received a 20,000 fine.
Trace amounts of cocaine were found in Flachi's system in a random test, after a 2-0 loss to Inter Milan on January 28, 2007. On May 31, he was suspended for 16 months. Later, the ban was increased to two years. As a result of the ban, his contract with Sampdoria was canceled.
Following the ban, Flachi started training with Eccellenza Tuscany team Pietrasanta, hoping to return back into active football once his ban expired. On June 2008, second level' Empoli FC completed his signing; he returned to competitive football in January of the following year.
In the 2009 summer, Flachi penned a deal with another Serie B club,Brescia Calcio. He played 14 games, mostly as a substitute, and scored two goals until he was suspended again on January 2010 following a cocaine positiveness in a drugs test held on December 19, 2009. Flachi was handed a 12 year ban in June 2010 that will end on January 12 2022, effectively ending his career as a player.

After the announcement, Antonio Cassano grabbed his car keys, and drove at high-speed to Luigi Ferraris stadium!
Has he entered the stadium, Sampdoria's fans were nearing the stadium as a press conference was announced this afternoon with Francesco Flachi . Cassano, climbed the stairs, at the end of the corridor was Garrone's office, he passed the secretary, who was busy with some papers! When he entered, Garrone was sitting in his chair, drinking a glass of Jack Daniels, Garrone said : Antonio, what are you doing here?
Cassano : What the **** is wrong with you Riccardo? Are you out of your mind? Why did you hire that ******* ****?
Garrone : I know this was going to happen, sit down Antonio!
Cassano : I wont sit untill you explain me what the **** is going on *yelling*
Garrone : Flachi was going to take a wrong path in his life, another Antonio, I felt I had to save his ***, since he gave so much to this club!
Cassano : He could have given his ******* soul Riccardo, he got that suspension for some reason, he was, and probably still is a Cocain Addict, so, dont give that excuse!
Garrone : He promised me, that he went to a Rehab clinic, as soon as his wife let him, and I got the papers see?
Cassano : I dont care, He could be the ****** Pope, I dont ******* care, I want him out of here, he's a ******* disgrace to this club! Or he leaves, or I will Riccardo!
Garrone : Hold your horses boy, this isnt a popularity contest, and you know as everybody knows that you are The Heart and Soul of Sampdoria! As you know, he was very important when we were in the *******, maybe this could be the ticket for his forgiveness, at least I believe in it! Lets just see how it goes, then We will talk ok Antonio?
Cassano : I'm trusting you Riccardo, as I always did? Dont **** this up, the fans dont deserve it!
Garrone : Don't worry, I know what I'm doing! Now go home, and get some rest, as the pre season is almost starting, and I have a press conference to give ..

Last edited:
Press Conference with Sampdoria's New Manager
NEWS_1226406894_francesco_flachi.jpg

The South wing of Luigi Ferrari's is full to watch the first press conference of Francesco Flachi!

Fans start arriving, *BOOING ECLODES THROUGHOUT THE STADIUM*

Riccardo Garrone : Hello all! I am here in behalf of Sampdoria to present to you our new manager Francesco Flachi
*Fans Booing again even higher*
Riccardo Garrone : Calm down people, this isnt a riot, and I know you are not like this, please listen to what I have to say ok?
*Francesco Flachi enters the pitch*
*Fans start Chanting : DISGRACE, DISGRACE, YOU'RE A ******* DISGRACE!*
How can he be so cool, steady? I cant even listen to myself thinking, He must be used to this treatment, thought Garrone!

Mr Flachi, this is Gordon Smith live from Raiunno6, does it concern you to have fans like this?
Mr Flachi : What mate? I cant listen !
Reporter : DOES IT CONCERN YOU TO HAVE FANS LIKE THIS?
*fans became quiet to listen Flachi's interview*
Mr Flachi : They are the greatest fans in the world and they all the reason in the world to be like this,towards me! They gave me all when I was here, and what was my contribution? Niente, nothing, I admit that I was a disgrace to this club,BUT NOW I'M HERE TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME, AND I BEG YOU, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
*FANS : JUNKEY, YOU ONLY CAME HERE TO SNIFF THE PITCH LINES, ******* *******!*
Riccardo Garrone : As you are not able to behave like the fans that you are, this press conference is over, and will continue in the press conference room, only journalists alowed, Good day to all !

As they exit the pitch, fans run trying to reach the tunnel, Flachi and Garrone make a run for it, as Sampdoria's fans start to throw cans, Flachi's shirts on fire ..

flachi.jpg

Riccardo Garrone : I must say I am very sad with the supporters towards you Flachi, and I apologise to all reporters that had to witness this circus, for that I'm trully sorry!
Now that we are settled, the press conference may begin, they are all yours Francesco!
CNN Sports - Welcome to this new challenge Mr Flachi, how do you feel?
Flachi - My heart is still racing to tell you the truth, I know that the fans are very angry and they are entitled to, but this is very important to me, and I will try to give them what they gave me back in the days !
Raiunno4 - How do you entend to cope with players like Cassano & Palombo?
Flachi - I will sit down with them, since they are and will be Captain and Vice-Captain, and give them my thoughts on how I intend to shape this Club!
Sky Sports - The club's finacial health isnt the greatest, how do you intend to bring some fresh faces?
Flachi - As for that, I have to sit down with Mr Garrone, It's still too soon to talk about tranfers!
The Sun - Is it true that you were in a Rehab Clinic to get rid of your cocain abuse?
*Mood in the room changes, Flachi starts to sweat a bit, You can see the anger flowing through his neck when that question was made*
*Garrone thinking - That ******* secretary sold me out, ******* *****
I had those papers sealed in my personal vault, how did she got them?*
Flachi - Yes, it is true, so what ? Everyone has been through a rough time, even you, but now everything is solved, and I am Drug free !
Riccardo Garrone - Anymore questions? Because I think we are through with this, Good Morning!

*Garrone and Flachi leave, and speak for a brief moment*
Garrone - Im trully sorry for that question Francesco, it was unnecessary, and I will fire that ***** secretary first thing in the morning!
Flachi - Nothing to worry about Mr Garrone, at least I got that out my chest, finally ..

Last edited:
Loving this, Cassano one of my fav players, and love sampdoria in fiffa:L

A few days passed since the Luigi Ferrari's incident, and, at some point Flachi would have to talk with Angelo & Antonio, Riccardo thought. It was going to be a meeting with a lot of tension, I said to myself ..

Francesco arrives at the first training session with the boys,not-knowing that Cassano was late, something that really bothered him, ' Well I guess I have to start without him and I'm only going to talk to you Palombo'

The training session only starts with all players here - said Pazzini
That is not true Gianpaolo, He should be here by now, this should not be the behaviour of a player like him
*Cassano arrives*
Look who is talking, The All-Mighty one, who wants to get a sniff from time to time - said Cassano
Flachi gets up, goes head-to-head with Cassano, grabs him by the neck and says - You shut the **** boy, you are not bigger than me or the team! *angry tone*
*Tissone was going to get up to 'help' Cassano, but Palombo stopped him*
This is a team, Im the manager, and I expect to be respected by all of you, and vice versa! the Past is long gone, and if you are going to spent all of your time trying to bring me down, that is not going to happen, You are an important player of Garrone's dream, you and Palombo carry the heart of Sampdoria and I have high spectations for both of you, Do you understand?
Im sorry Flachi, but this is very difficult as it is for everyone, but I'm a great friend of Riccardo and his dream is in all of us, but you are going to have to earn our trust as players and men, understood? - said Cassano
Ok, now lets prepare our afternoon game, said Flachi

Well, this is our first game, and I dont want to you run behind the ball like a dog, I dont want any injuries, especially from the for of you, *pointing at Cassano, Palombo, Pazzini & Tissone*

I Will most likely play like this

Cassano will play down the left, Pazzini the front is yours, Palombo you will have one of the most important roles within the team, you will be the Commander of the midfield, are you confortable with that?
Yes Mister - said Palombo

Now, I think you dont know this side of me, and I dont know if you are religious or something like that, but before every game I like to sing a little bit of Riders on the Storm, so here it is :

Into this house we're born
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out alone
Riders on the storm

I want you to feel like Riders on a storm, alone but as a group, Me, you and the supporters, Nothing else, understood ?

Team responds - YES FLACHI !

Last edited:
Good luck, keep it up, I like your story name, I wonder who came up with that :p

Pre Season Update

Transfer Update :

12595021721259335231marco_verratti.jpg

As we have fantastic Youth facilities, I thought that bringing in some youth would help the development of the club !
Marco Verratti is a very good youngster, but with time and with the likes of Palombo and Cassano in the club, he will evolve into a world Great, came for 200m

f34e4534-de80-4c1e-a6a1-1ae2e16a3a16.jpg

Another fantastic purchase brought to Sampdoria, filled with talent, speed, creativity, and we Beat the likes of Juventus, AC Milan for his purchase, James Rodriguez came for a fee of 1.8M

transfer-modellemesi-mathias-jc3b8rgensen-copenhagen-sporlog-may-2010.jpg

Pacey CB Mathias Jorgensen for 3M, we were in need of a good centre Back, and Mathias is young, agressive ans has a great potential

1377534807-lukasz-sinkiewicz.9.jpg

Lukas Sinkiewicz for a fee of 2.7M . He is able to perform as a CB, DM and MC, always in 'defending mode', a fantastic backup, or even starting eleven !

Yannick Djaló for a fee 675m . He is young, cheap, good pacey striker with lots of talent, I guess he will be the shadow of Pazzini !

foot_432_16122008.jpg

This had to be my second option for the RB/LB option since Luca Antonini went to Real Madrid for some reason, eve so, Im very happy, this was one of our weak points, and I was able to fill it, with experience and hark Work, Cédric Varrault for a fee of 1.3M

Tranquillo_Barnetta_ddp_Juergen_Schwarz.jpg

Tranquillo Barnetta for a fee of 8M, very hard working winger, great technique, fast, and capable of producing goods, a bit expensive for the club but I'm happy to get my man !

a9c08df51ece4e83b4316265b0c5fbe8.jpeg

Marco Padalino went to Villarreal for a fee of 6.25M, which helped me get Barnetta for that amount of money, he wasnt in the first team plans, Villarreal seized the opportunity and we made some good money !

Last edited:
Good players you've bought in, James Rodriguez and Yannick :wub:

Pre Season Results :

Sampdoria 2 Sampdoria Reserves 0
View attachment 96897

We had a large amount of shots at goal, Nicola Pozzi & Dieter Elsneg gave us the victory that we deserved!

Sampdoria 1 Xerez 0
View attachment 96898

Tough match against the Spanish side, The first half was ours, In the second I changed the formation and rested some players which gave them control of the match, but in the 82th minute Pazzini with a poacher's effort sealed the match for us !

Sampdoria 3 Cottbus 1
View attachment 96899

It was fantastic to see for the first time James Rodriguez with a Blucerchiati shirt, The Colombian wonder boy, scored two amazing goals from the edge of the area. Playmaker Andrea Poli sealed the victory with a great freekick

Verona 0 Sampdoria 1
View attachment 96900

A bit of a boring match to tell the truth, lack of opportunities from both sides, although Gianpaolo Pazzini gave us the win after a great play from 'Peter Pan' Cassano down the left! The team is starting to gell very well ..

Foggia 1 Sampdoria 3
View attachment 96901

Very well played by the lads against a team with little strenght to contain our high pressure and creativity, Cassano & Pazzini = Golden duo !

Girona 1 Sampdoria 3
View attachment 96902

The attacking trio - Cassano, Semioli & Pazzini, Real gladiators, gave Girona a real headache, if they continue to play like we are going to do well in Calcio, no doubt about it!

Albacete 0 Sampdoria 0
View attachment 96904

Very boring match, I think I saw some Albacete's fans sleeping which was the best way to spend the afternoon, we were very complacent, especially Yannick Djaló, he hasn't gelled with Cassano yet, neither is very accostumed with the Cut-inside movement ..

Gramenet 1 Sampdoria 1
View attachment 96905

We were very lucky in this one, Mannini draw level with the Spanish side, yet again, very complacent against weaker sides, such as this, a little disappointed with the boys ..

Pre Season review : Hopefuly the team in the last days of training will gell in, we had some good games against the likes of Cottbus, Foggia & Girona, but complacency was noted against Albacete and Gramenet, we have to improve to give the supporters further joys ..

Good Pre-season, keep it up and good luck in the league :)

Coppa di Italia 3rd Qualification Round

It was Flachi's first game in charge, he was very nervous, although the game was against Ancona, he was doubtful, because in other occasions the team was complacent against weaker sides ..
He arrived at Luigi Ferrari, 3 hours before, even so, people were starting to show up, Families, Little kids with Palombo & Cassano shirts, a great feeling that he hadn't felt in years
As he entered the stadium, the noise was loud, very very loud, it was Sampdoria's Tiffosi, when he climbed the last step of the stairs, and saw the environment, tears started to flow ..

Once again, Flachi was home ..

He went down to the Locker room, and the players were already equipped, ready to battle, they formed a circle, Cassano was in the middle, every player put their hand in Cassano's head and started chanting 'Riders on the Storm', as it was over, Flachi joined them and said :

Lads, this will be the starting lineup

Storari
Zauri Gastaldello Rossi Ziegler
Sinkiewicz
Palombo Tissone
Barnetta Cassano
Pazzini

I hope you are ready, this is a competition that I want to win, our fans are waiting for us, can you listen?
The moment is ours, seize it, and don't let it run away !
At 3 - Samp, Samp, SAMPDORIA !
1,2,3 - Samp, Samp, SAMPDORIA

luigi_ferraris.jpg

Sampdoria 3 Ancona 0
View attachment 96915

We played some great football today, solid in defence, a mobile attack,with Barnetta and Cassano always with an eye set on the goal, first time and saw the lads gelled, very hard working team, after every ball, we go through to the next round ! Also yannick scored a marvelous strike from 25 yards, his first of many, i hope!

Serie A starts

stadio_renzo_barbera.jpg

Renzo Barbera, Palermo's Stadium

Today is Flachi's first game in the Serie A as manager, I could see he didn't sleep much, as always, Renzo Barbera was an Inferno, Palermo's supporters as Flachi entered the stadium, started to boo him like never before, although Sampdoria fans hated him, his drug scandal affected the whole Serie A world ..

Palermo 2 Sampdoria 2
View attachment 96916

It was hard to watch the first 15 minutes, as Cavani scored the first goal within that period, after that they started to get stuck in, mainly against Cassano, the main target! Cassano draw level the 25 minute with a fantastic solo effort down the left!

At the 52th minute, Gianpaolo Pazzini scored a poacher's effort skinning Kjaer and Bovo in the way! The fans were relishing in the stands!
But, in the 65th minute, once again, Reto Ziegler was **** against the power and will of Edison Cavani, and the Uruguay Born draw the game!

Man of the Match
_45411634_cavani416.jpg

He was deadly in front of goal, scored two goals, and his partnership with Miccoli was on fire!

The game ended 2-2 and you could see the fury within Flachi, he was very upset and when he came to the locker room, he expressed his anger by breaking a door, he almost slapped Ziegler but Palombo stopped him! After that, Flachi said he was very sorry for his behaviour, and that he was always like that, short fuse, he sat with the lads, and told them even though they played well, they could have gotten a better result, and that they shouldn't waste precious points!

Ziegler, what the **** happened out there? asked Flachi
I'm sorry mr flachi, my knee was hurt, and I wasn't capable of running, or cope with Cavani's strenght, and I want to apologise to my friends and colegues for that! - said Ziegler
It's ok lad, dont worry, next time the bench will be yours! Once I played with fever, and a broken finger, so to me, that excuse is nothing but ****, If you dont want to help the team, tell me, or get your *** out of Genova, are we understood? - Flachi added
Yes Flachi said Ziegler
Now, get some rest tonight because tomorrow we have practice AGAIN, understood?
Yes Francesco - responded the team !

First home game was against Lazio, a very hard team to beat, with the likes of Mauro Zarate & Tommaso Rochi in the front, we had to stop them, in order to get a good result at home!

In this game, Flachi only changed one position, the Left Back, Varrault entered for Ziegler ..

Sampdoria 4 Lazio 2
View attachment 96917

At half time Lazio were winning, with goals by Radu and Butscher, Sampdoria's goal was scored by Tissone!
In the locker room, Flachi was obviously upset, they were loosing, but they were playing better, much much better!
Pazzini, I'm letting you go, Their defenders are crushing you and I cant afford you to get injured, so Yannick, are you ready? said Flachi
Yes Francesco! said Djalo

At the 52th minute 'Peter Pan' Cassano draw level with an amazing goal, running from within Sampdoria's own half, he was too quick for Brocchi, 2-2!
I guess that Yannick for Pazzini was a wonderful sub because at the 71th minute, Djalo scored his second goal with a Sampdoria's shirt, the fans were relishing in the stands, A mexican wave was on the way! Sampdoria was leading, great comeback by the lads!
But, It wasn't over, because Yannick doubled his personnal account by scoring the fourth, and putting the game beyind any question!
Flachi receives praise for the sub, and mainly for the win, AMAZING comeback!

Man of the Match
yannick_djalo.jpg

Beyond doubt, he entered the second half to give us the win, Delighted with the lad!

Flachi instantly stand up after the final whistle, gave a hug to Francesco Conti, the Assistant manager, and then ran to shake the hand of Edoardo Reja, Lazio's manager!
In the locker room, Cassano was celebrating with Palombo and Yannick, they were the masterminds behind this, this great game that Sampdoria produced!

great start to the season man, one mistake I have spotted, you have said you have bought Yannick Djalo for 625m... just saying ;)

Transfer Update :

12595021721259335231marco_verratti.jpg

As we have fantastic Youth facilities, I thought that bringing in some youth would help the development of the club !
Marco Verratti is a very good youngster, but with time and with the likes of Palombo and Cassano in the club, he will evolve into a world Great, came for 200m

f34e4534-de80-4c1e-a6a1-1ae2e16a3a16.jpg

Another fantastic purchase brought to Sampdoria, filled with talent, speed, creativity, and we Beat the likes of Juventus, AC Milan for his purchase, James Rodriguez came for a fee of 1.8M

transfer-modellemesi-mathias-jc3b8rgensen-copenhagen-sporlog-may-2010.jpg

Pacey CB Mathias Jorgensen for 3M, we were in need of a good centre Back, and Mathias is young, agressive ans has a great potential

1377534807-lukasz-sinkiewicz.9.jpg

Lukas Sinkiewicz for a fee of 2.7M . He is able to perform as a CB, DM and MC, always in 'defending mode', a fantastic backup, or even starting eleven !

Yannick Djaló for a fee 675m . He is young, cheap, good pacey striker with lots of talent, I guess he will be the shadow of Pazzini !

foot_432_16122008.jpg

This had to be my second option for the RB/LB option since Luca Antonini went to Real Madrid for some reason, eve so, Im very happy, this was one of our weak points, and I was able to fill it, with experience and hark Work, Cédric Varrault for a fee of 1.3M

Tranquillo_Barnetta_ddp_Juergen_Schwarz.jpg

Tranquillo Barnetta for a fee of 8M, very hard working winger, great technique, fast, and capable of producing goods, a bit expensive for the club but I'm happy to get my man !

a9c08df51ece4e83b4316265b0c5fbe8.jpeg

Marco Padalino went to Villarreal for a fee of 6.25M, which helped me get Barnetta for that amount of money, he wasnt in the first team plans, Villarreal seized the opportunity and we made some good money !

LOL you love spending your money, dont you mean 675k

Status
Not open for further replies.