PafcLad

Reaction score
View attachment 134091
Many of the Green Army daunted the day of 19thrd April, 20010. It was the day when Plymouth would find out the future of their football club. A loss would mean League 1 football however a victory would keep Argyle in the Championship survival race. Emotions were running high as just under 10,000 squeezed into the cold, wet and windy Home Park to see the green army take on Newcastle united who themselves could win promotion the same night.

19 miunets in and Andy Carroll heads in a Wayne Routledge cross the green army faces turned grim whilst many geordies jumping up and down relishing promotion back to the premier league, as the game went on Argyle struggled to make chances count, Mackie hits the ball with his powerful right foot only to bounce back off the cross bar.
As half time approached Newcastle were taking control of possesion Wayne Routledge cuts inside and no....there it is back of the net 2-0 Newcastle many Plymouth fans have gave up and as the full time whistle went many geordies flooded on the pitch whilst the green army head home with the prospect of playing teams like Hartlepool, Rochdale, Dagenham and Exeter.
Mariner Shown the door
Many Plymouth fans have woken up to the news that former legend Paul Mariner has been relieved of his duties and the board will be looking for a new manager to take the club forward this is what Mariner had to say:
"Well obviously im dissapointed to be leaving this great club but I have to respect the owners decision and I wish the man in my succesor the very best."

[FONT=&quot]Plymouth Argyle have appointed former Sundeland and Leeds boss Peter Reid as their new manager.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The 54-year-old has agreed a 2 year contract at Plymouth Argyle[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Reid replaces Paul Mariner, who got relieved of his duties after failing to keep them in the championship
"I am delighted with this appointment because Pete is a top drawer manager," Roy Gardner told the club website.
"He has experience in the Championship and the Premiership and that is where we aim Plymouth Argyle to be

Reid had this to say;
"Plymouth is a club that should be pushing further than they are”
"I have played down here as a player and thought the fans were magnificent. It's a tough job, but we want to get it moving quickly.
[/FONT]​

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

anyone following?:)

Bit early to ask that mate lol

Good start though, but you'll probs get more followers when we start seeing some signings, results and some story lines

Bit early to ask that mate lol

Good start though, but you'll probs get more followers when we start seeing some signings, results and some story lines
yeah i'll do an update about signings when it lets me on fm steams saying it aint available atm oO)

I had that Problem, it sucked, and i had to uninstall steam and FM 11, and reinstall it all...done my head in

I had that Problem, it sucked, and i had to uninstall steam and FM 11, and reinstall it all...done my head in
its let me back on now strange that, will get an update in later

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Reid adds to squad for 2010/2011 season
Reids first signing since joining Plymouth Argyle was of free transfer Sebastian Carole, Carole formerly played for League One rivals Brighton before they released him end of the season Carole has also had spells at Tranmere and Darlington.

Reids second signing was a loan move for forward Striker Rhys Murphy who joined from Arsenal Many Plymouth fans are happy to have him at the club hopefully he can give the team goals.

Reids third signing was 18 year old Gokan Tore from Chelsea, tore is a highly rated youngster who will hopefully provide assists and be the engine of the Pilgrims midfield, this lad definatly has the potential to be one of the best players in this league