Peter Ridsdale joins Plymouth Argyle as adviser

PafcLad

Reaction score
Plymouth Argyle have called in ex-Leeds United and Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale as a football consultant to the club's board.
Ridsdale will work to bring stability to Argyle initially until 8 February -the day before they are due back in court to face a winding-up petition.
"From what I have seen the situation is precarious," Ridsdale said.
"No-one should underestimate the challenge that faces this club in surviving the short-term pressures."
More to follow.

Thoughts?:(

Plymouth Argyle have called in ex-Leeds United and Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale as a football consultant to the club's board.
Ridsdale will work to bring stability to Argyle initially until 8 February -the day before they are due back in court to face a winding-up petition.
"No-one should underestimate the challenge that faces this club in surviving the short-term pressures."
More to follow.

you're kidding right?

Last edited:
hmmm hes not exactly known for his finacial proficiancies is he?

no club deserves the fate of having Ridsdale anywhere near the board. My deepest sympathies to all Plymouth fans

if you thought the last year relegation was bad.... it can't get any worst than this.

I'd rather have a club with Risdale, than no club without Risdale :)

You will be alright , you will pull through it like ourselves and many other teams, its just worrying when you accepted poor offers for your best players because you need the money we have done it with Grant and now your doing it with Noone and maybe Bradley Wright-Phillips.

More to follow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8"]YouTube - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine...)[/ame]

nuff said

Ridsdale isnt the ideal guy to have around a football club but fact of the matter is, he's helping our club for nothing...we have no money to pay him or for him to suck out so we need to trust him and hope he can help our club.

Heartbreaking to see Nooney going though..especially to Brighton, we would have been in a positon of laughing off interest from a club like that once apon a time but now we're in this mess. Its amazing how things can change isnt it?