LovanoFM

Reaction score
In this story I will be making Peter Taylor Jr the manager of Nottingham Forest. Peter Taylor Jr is a fictional character that I made up to try and make his dad ' Peter Taylor ' proud by getting Notts Forest into the BPL and then even further to European glory.

---Who is Peter Taylor?---

View attachment 373225

Peter Taylor was a goalkeeper in his early years and he played at Coventry, Middlesborough, Port Vale and Burton Albion.

But he was mostly recognised as being the assistant manager to Brian Clough at the following clubs: Hartlepool, Derby and Brighton. He was then appointed Brighton manager until 1976 when he joined back up with Clough to be his assistant at Forest. In the first year of being there Forest gained promotion to the First Division. They then won the First Division in there first season back alongside the League Cup beating Liverpool 1-0.

In 1979, they won the League Cup and Champions League and in 1980 they retained the Champions League trophy.

---What did they both think of each-other?---

Clough said ' Im not equipped to manage successfully without Taylor. I am the shop window and he is the goods in the back'

Taylor had to say this himself ' We just gelled together, we filled in the gaps... My strength was buying and selecting the right player, Brian's man management would shape the player'.

View attachment 373229

---Peter Taylor Jr---

Peter Taylor Jr is who I am in this save. This is Peter Taylor's son and I will be managing Forest. My aims are to make my dad proud and recreate the success that Forest had when he was in charge alongside Clough. So here is to many years of success at the club.

I hope Europe is ready to be dominated!

View attachment 373230

View attachment 373261

---Signings---

Federicho Macheda - Loan
View attachment 373264
Macheda on a loan for a season in the Championship. You cant really go wrong here.

Ross Turnbull - Free
View attachment 373270

Ross Turnbull is an experienced keeper playing for the likes of Chelsea. He will be my number 1 keeper.

Adam Smith - Loan
View attachment 373271

Adam Smith is a Spurs youngster and what is a story without a little bit of Spurs in it :D.

Lee Wallace - 3.1m
View attachment 373272

Sean Murray - 5.5m
View attachment 373274
Sean Murray is very young and he is English so I wasn't to worried about the 5.5m fee I payed for him because I have high hopes.

Carlos Fierro - 5m
View attachment 373265

Cant believe I signed Fierro to be honest. An amazing deal for Forest now we just have to sit back and watch him progress.

Total amount spent : 13.5m

---Outs---

Derbyshire, Tudgay and Blackstock all went to Doncaster for a total sum of 1.4m pounds.

View attachment 373297

---August---

Forest 2 - 0 Scunthorpe (C1C 1st Round)
Fierro(2)

We eased past the 1st round of the Capital One Cup with new signing Fierro getting both the goals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forest 3 - 2 Doncaster
Fierro(3)

A good start to the league getting the three points. But it took us until the 92nd minute to find the winner where Fierro fired home to get his hat trick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bournemouth 1 - 1 Doncaster
Fierro

Its only early stages in the league so I didn't know what to expect from Bournemouth. Fierro scoring another goal which brings his tally up to 6 in 3.

Forest 3 - 3 Leeds

Actually don't believe this result we was winning 3-0!!!

Forest 1 - 0 Stevenage (C1C 2nd round)
Macheda

Simple win here against Stevenage. Im hoping for a good little cup run here.

---Star of the month---

View attachment 373310

---September&October---

View attachment 373407

I don't know why this team is so inconsistent. When you beat Arsenal 3-1 away you think this team is going somewhere until you go an get battered by Wigan, Birmingham and Reading.

Also Carlos Fierro was injured after he scored 6 goals in 3 games so that was a big downfall in our side.

The Capital One Cup 4th Round was stolen from us as Spurs scored the only goal in the 119th minute.

---League Table---

View attachment 373408

We are predicted to come 11th so 8th isn't to bad. We have also had some hard games so far against all the top teams which doesn't help our position. Lets just hope we start improving as the season goes on.