Peterborough United - Knocked Down But Not Out

Roddo7

Reaction score
zeo7MY4.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sports News Team can confirm that League 1 team Peterborough United are now in a legal battle with the FA over the signing of their 30 plus goal scorer Britt Assombalonga and their new venture into administration. The FA claim that the signing of Britt Assombalonga with Watford was used with illegal money by the Peterborough United Chairman Darragh MacAnthony. The FA Claim that Mr. MacAnthony counterfeited money to sign the DR Congo International after all his money from Dwight Gayle was spent with a new stand in Peterborough's Stadium, London Road. Sky Sports were able to catch an interview with Mr. MacAnthony about the FA Allegations:

14TgmDD.jpg

SKY SPORTS: Mr. MacAnthony, lets start this off with an obvious question. Did you counterfeit money to sign Britt Assombalonga

DARRAGH MACANTHONY: I promised myself I would be loyal and not tell anything but the truth in this scenario. So to answer your question directly, no I didn't counterfeit money.

SKY SPORTS: So why are you and the club under fire from the FA?

DARRAGH MACANTHONY: Because I used, not created, counterfeit money while buying Britt Assombalonga. I'm not going to be able to tell you the source as I agreed to keep him anonymous, but at the time I didn't realise I was getting counterfeit money.

SKY SPORTS: What do you mean by 'I didn't realise'

DARRAGH MACANTHONY: ?.No comment.

Rumours have it the club is now under Administration of 5 Million pounds and The FA will put the club under a Transfer Embargo, stop the new Moyes End Stand being built, give them a point deduction and demote them to Level 12 of the English Pyramid. These have to be the darkest of times for Peterborough, but The FA do not take kindly to Counterfeit Money and even under a small Administration the club will go under a lot of hefty punishments.

8ehqqdp.jpg

90vST2M.jpg

THE FA RELASE A STATEMENT

Regarding the affair's with Peterborough United Football Club and their Chairman Darragh MacAnthony The FA's Court Case has come to a close and there has been a verdict reached. The punishments Peterborough United Football Club will face are as followed:

-The club will be placed under a one year transfer embargo.
-The club will be moved into the Peterborough and District Senior Football League Divison One, the 12th Tier of English Football.
-After hearing evidence their chairman Darragh MacAnthony WILL be allowed to stay at the club. Although an Administrator will take reigns until the club's finances have been sorted.
-The club is now in Administration
-Britt Assombalonga WILL be allowed to stay at the club.
-Watford will be placed under supervision on the clause of knowing about the Counterfeit Money.
-The new Moyes End Stand at London Road will be stopped.
-Peterborough United will start life in the Peterborough and District Senior Football League Division One.
-The club will be placed under extreme supervision for the next 10 years.

This Is An Official statement by the Football Association.

Last edited:
NuCyfSV.png

Official Statement From Peterborough United

In light of the recent happenings with The FA and the club, Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson has stepped down from his position with mutual consent. This is what Darren Ferguson (pictured below) has to say.

Darren Ferguson: I'm very grateful for everything the club has done to me, but I'm afraid I can't continue to manage a club that has wounded up in the lowest division of English Football and in trouble with the FA. The fans have been magnificent at this club and I'll miss the entire setup, backroom staff, players and the club. I wish the club the best for, hopefully, a speedy return into the Football League. Thank you.

The bookie's favourite for the new Peterborough United role is the current Player/U18 Coach, Grant McCann (pictured below)

947EFTk.jpg
GjbEDG5.jpg

LgNhqXq.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Only hours after Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson resigns, a new manager for the Posh have been found, Chris Road, a loyal Peterborough United supporter, born in Peterborough has been hired. Mr. Road is an unknown manager, just passed his UEFA B Coaching Badges at the youngest age of 25 and with no previous footballing experience Chris Road feels taking Peterborough back to the top will be the best start to his managerial career. Can he bring Peterborough back to the glory days? Only time will tell.

Managerial Update - Pre Season Part 1 - First Game In Charge + Some Good News!

WyFmTdG.jpg

Time to embark on getting my beloved Posh back to the Football League and beyond!

rsIg12G.png

Ktj3xIj.png

jwVdd2l.png

Even if I hate the administrator, at least he backs me up!

My Fixture List:

bg2PmqW.png

At least the Bus Driver won't have to travel to much this year! Some feisty(ish) derbies here. Second game and already playing another Peterborough. We'll have to show them who the real Peterborough are!

FRIENDLY:

Time for my first, and only, friendly in this update. And it's against another financially struggling club, Rangers. Who will prevail as the best, worst financial club in England and Scotland excluding Portsmouth?...

rBxJcqQ.png

?.No one, oh well. It was an exciting game for both teams with a ton of efforts. We scored with a great cross from Irish, Danny Kearns, who I will consider rebuilding my midfield around, he's young, pacey and a great winger. But I might have to look him over if I find a Latvian 16 year old prodigy. The person who put us in this mess, Assombalonga, eventually scored the goal. Hopefully he can stay with us this year at least, and bang in the goals.

ThylCyN.png

So much for the Transfer Embargo then!

aWqx3aX.png

Chris Road not too pleased about managing this far down I think! He's the new Mourinho with this sort of chat!

5l0ziaQ.png

The first 2 players to jump ship, I knew it was coming and was disappointed it wasn't for more. But hopefully I can keep the one's I want and build around them.

Next Update: The Rest Of Pre Season!

Thanks for Reading <3