Petition to make selling players easier

nani17united

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Now if you don't agree with me, fair enough, but don't use this thread to have a go at my (as well as many others) opinion.

What I am creating is a petition to make the Selling of Players on Football Manager 2011 Easier.

Selling players on the game is ridiculously hard, as everybody knows. I can understand why it is in the first window of the game (Summer window 2010), as clubs in real life would have already bought/loaned players and to ensure the game is realistic not many clubs are willing to make any further transfer moves.

However, from January onwards, the difficulty of selling players does not decrease as significantly as it should. Players who have an asking price of sometimes half their value, are still not even getting a look in. Too many times I have seen the "As things stand, no club feels a deal is viable for _____. "

Just a few examples of players being listed with tiny asking prices and still not being looked at:

Michael Carrick - £1,000,000
Niko Kranjcar - £1,300,000
John Carew - £200,000
Emile Heskey - £160,000
Chris Poulsen - £950,000

etc etc

As you can see, this is ridiculous. In real life any club who gets offered one of the aforementioned players for the corresponding asking price, would jump out of their skin and sign the player immediately.

This has to be fixed. Because right now, how can it possibly be so hard to offload a player like Niko Kranjcar for such a small asking price.

Who agrees?

You often can't even loan players out for £0 fee and 0% of their wage to be paid totally bizarre.

is true sometimes is really hard to get rid of the dead wood on some teams

btw Emile Heskey is worth least than 160k ;)XD

Who would want to buy Poulsen IRL?

Joking aside, I don't really have problems with selling players, unless they're really ****** players. I don't tend play with major clubs, though.

So true i almost have to kick players out as was the case with poulsen and jovanic in my liverpool save they where causing trouble in the club house and multiple players wanted them gone . had to pay 14000 a wk to get rid of jovanic and buy out poulsens contract to free up some money for wages for new signings.

Try putting Heskey's transfer fee to -£20m. What sane person pays money for Heskey!?

Try putting Heskey's transfer fee to -£20m. What sane person pays money for Heskey!?

Aye, you pay for Heskey in solid gold ingots only. That and sexual favours.

I dunno, selling players is perfectly easy I find, selling them for a good price however isn't.

The thing is most clubs have already spent their summer transfer window allocation and do not have the funds to pay out $$$ especially those kind of wages. Your best bet is offering people out over 24 months u can usually get nearly double their price if u do this. In regards to some of those named above just loan them for a season then offer them out and get what u can when people have transfer budgets back.

wait i just realised your talkin about fm 11 and this is in the fm 10 section

I figure out that they are not interesting for other club is because they don't play enough on your team. I released arshavin and van persie (they played much) last season and they join bayern and marseille. I released carlos vela and jonjo shelvey then they are jobless for one season.

Yeah ive noticed players that don't play much are hard to offload. Anyone you want to get rid of give them some decent playing time and you should get offers in.