Petition to make selling players easier

nani17united

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Now if you don't agree with me, fair enough, but don't use this thread to have a go at my (as well as many others) opinion.

What I am creating is a petition to make the Selling of Players on Football Manager 2011 Easier.

Selling players on the game is ridiculously hard, as everybody knows. I can understand why it is in the first window of the game (Summer window 2010), as clubs in real life would have already bought/loaned players and to ensure the game is realistic not many clubs are willing to make any further transfer moves.

However, from January onwards, the difficulty of selling players does not decrease as significantly as it should. Players who have an asking price of sometimes half their value, are still not even getting a look in. Too many times I have seen the "As things stand, no club feels a deal is viable for _____. "

Just a few examples of players being listed with tiny asking prices and still not being looked at:

Michael Carrick - £1,000,000
Niko Kranjcar - £1,300,000
John Carew - £200,000
Emile Heskey - £160,000
Chris Poulsen - £950,000

etc etc

As you can see, this is ridiculous. In real life any club who gets offered one of the aforementioned players for the corresponding asking price, would jump out of their skin and sign the player immediately.

This has to be fixed. Because right now, how can it possibly be so hard to offload a player like Niko Kranjcar for such a small asking price.

Who agrees?

yeah, selling sucks. also nobody never offers good money. i was wolsburg, dzeko played well, but nobody wanted to make any kind of offer. in second or third season i hardly sold him for 12m. its just one of the bugs in the game. the whole fm 2011 is a joke to previous versions. dont get me wrong, this is the only game i play, but this year is one big dissapointment.

The selling is ridiculous in the first season, nobody wants to buy your players (unless your the Santos manager!) and even if you offer a decent player for a very low price nobody offers for them. Must get fixed in the March update.

to he honest its largely pointless to make a petition. Also this issue has been raised on the SI forums already

The transfer prices of FM have always been a bit off as well as the selling prices. It would be hard to change them as they go up and down all the time in real life but I do agree with your point.

The transfer prices of FM have always been a bit off as well as the selling prices. It would be hard to change them as they go up and down all the time in real life but I do agree with your point.
think its to do with the way they are calculated, also think the AI bids on rep, rather than form etc.

think its to do with the way they are calculated, also think the AI bids on rep, rather than form etc.

Hmm, quite likely. It would be great if they were made a little more realistic but they aren't too bad at the moment.

Hmm, quite likely. It would be great if they were made a little more realistic but they aren't too bad at the moment.
yeah, the transfer market is always been difficult to fix, would be amazing if they can get it to calculate better on form etc. still I can sell players well enough. It was too easy in FM10 to sell players

yeah, the transfer market is always been difficult, would be amazing fi they can get it to calculate better on form etc

Would certainly make the game a lot better. Maybe if someone offered £40M for an off form Rooney and was accepted but was rejected when he was on form. Would be a brilliant aspect of the game.

Has that idea been suggested on SI?

Would certainly make the game a lot better. Maybe if someone offered £40M for an off form Rooney and was accepted but was rejected when he was on form. Would be a brilliant aspect of the game.

Has that idea been suggested on SI?
not sure yet, worth putting it on their thread though, FM12 work will start up properly soon

not sure yet, worth putting it on their thread though, FM12 work will start up properly soon

Yeah, can't see it being incorporated into FM12 but maybe later versions.

It is pretty **** though, you have to sell 4 or 5 good players just to fund the transfer of one player.. :(

It is pretty **** though, you have to sell 4 or 5 good players just to fund the transfer of one player.. :(
i find its 2 or 3, but still annoying, they went too far the other way toning it down from FM10

FM09 was more fun though. Used to sell Fletcher for 30 Million pounds.

couldn't agree more!
I can't sell players even for free!

Seem to be selling my players fine...Sold a regen that i bought for 10m for 30m on one save i had. I even sold john utaka for 4m with portsmouth in jan window!

Selling players should, imo, get far easier once you go below half, or even a third of their value.

selling is hard but on the latest patch i have found it easier.
i sold carrick to chelsea for 10 mill

if this works, i will make a petition to return it back to the way it is :)

Fm is taking into account the financial crisis that is ongoing and other things.

When selling my players I usually have to put them out on loan-to-buy deals which are becoming increasingly popular irl so it has been implemented in Fm.

The players listed in the OP are all on a lot of wages, that is why nobody is buying them for the cheap prices. Nobody that can afford there high wage needs them enough to warrant buying them