Petrov and Strachan in Bust up

ANT101

Reaction score
CELTIC'S title celebrations were soured by a blazing half-time row between manager Gordon Strachan and midfielder Stilian Petrov.

The Bulgarian was replaced at the interval in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Hibs that was the prelude to the SPL championship trophy being presented to skipper Neil Lennon.

Petrov had come in at the break complaining he would have to come off after injuring an ankle but Strachan, who was furious at his team trailing to a Steven Fletcher goal, launched into a rant at the player.

Petrov's team-mates sat stunned as the player hit back verbally at his manager.

The midfielder, who recently signed a new longterm contract, remained indoors at the break and was replaced by Shaun Maloney.

From Gregor's fav paper:p The dailyranger:p

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=16957998%26method=full%26siteid=66633%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dpetrov%2din%2dtitle%2dbust%2dup-name_page.html

was this worth a thread?

its a nothin incident tbh.

I heard rumours that Petrovs not been best pleased since Roy Keane arrived as Petrov likes to play through the middle and because of the Keane & Lemon partnership and him getting shiped on the right its ruffled a few feathers and maybe thats why Petrov shouted back?

or is it just bull

Who really cares about Celtic anyway :p

i heard tht he's going to byern 2 replace ballack but i couldn't c it