Who will prove to be my best signing of the season?

• Marek Saganowski

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Gavin Skelton

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Stephen O'Halloran

• Andrea Orlandi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LGrosePAFC

Reaction score
I've decided to start a new game with Plymouth Argyle with a direct aim to reach the Premier League and mix it up with the big boys.
I am a lifelong supporter of the club and have seen the team rise from the old Third Division to the Coca Cola Championship under the leadership of Paul Sturrock.
They don't have a great squad; the resources are average for a club of their stature, but the foundations are there to be built upon.
I have devised what I think is a reasonable plan:-

Season 1. Consolidation in the Championship; build the squad; stay well clear of relegation.
Season 2. Finish in the top half; make an outsider push to the play-offs.
Season 3. Get promoted; either via the play-offs or in automatic spot. There must also be a squad capable of challenging in the top flight, so there is a reasonable chance of staying up.
Season 4. Fight bravely against relegation.
Season 5. Consolidate Premier League status.

It is an ambitious plan for a club who have never played in the top flight, but in the lottery of the Championship it is very possible for us to get promoted with hard work and an organised side.

I will be posting regular updates and screenshots on my progress, including matches, transfers, league tables and squads. Thanks for reading :)

Yes, hello fellow argyle supporter!!! I'm taking it you live in Plymouth??
Anyway, good luck, it's really hard, I tried it before

No I don't, actually in St Austell, Cornwall, but I just travel up every week! Thanks very much

Oh OK mate, did you go on monday?

Yep, we were looking at a team who before could barely string 2 passes together, I really hope that result was the start of a revelation from Paul Mariner

I live in Plymouth and have done for a while. I did a story with argyle once as well, it's quite hard. I would suggest selling Steven Maclean and one other striker and bringing in Harewood and Camara. Anyway good luck I will be following.

Ross where abouts do you live?
Also get Smolarek

Good luck mate. Your plan certainly isn't impossible, I just finished my 1st season with Blackpool and I finished 7th on the last day of the season, missing out on the play-offs by 1 point :'( I recommend Simeon Jackson, scored 21 goals for me in 38 appearances in the league and only was £700k to buy.

Hope you do well mate, I have done a plymouth save 10th first season 1st in the second.

The mighty argyle are very very hard to manage in the game. Lets hope you can get the same result against reading as they did irl ;)

Yeah, thanks for all the help..jackson, smolarek, camara and harewood all sound like good shouts! Especially for a team with few notable goalscorers

You also need a new Left back, Sawyer and Barker on the game are ***** (sometimes irl too :)), and also a new Lm

Mmm, true, a player on a budget aswell as the board aren't exactly splashing the cash on the playing staff lol.

Can I ask how to put screenshots from the game on to this post? I'd like to add some visuals to add to the story :)