Pique

mickdaley

Reaction score
Is it just me or did anyone else notice that for a centre back piques passing is immense. i seen him knock a load of 60 yard cross field passes in this world cup and they were inch perfect

sorry if there is already a similar thread

he has become one ov the best centre backs in the world.

He is a top player
His performances at the World Cup were awesome to watch

Yeah, him and Simon Kjaer are the best ball-playing defenders in the World.

In my opinion of course.

He is a very good defender, although Carlos Puyol makes him the player he is.

He is a very good defender, although Carlos Puyol makes him the player he is.

Agreed, they are the best defensive partnership in the World at the moment. They make Ferdinand look like his brother, and Vidic look like Sami Hyypia.

Neither are slow either. If Lucio had a partner like Puyol does, then Brazil would be so much better.

Yeah he passes really well and he's so composed on the ball. Defensively he still has to improve

Fergie must be regretting selling him
it depends, hindsight is a wonderful thing. he didnt look like breaking through at all at the time

it depends, hindsight is a wonderful thing. he didnt look like breaking through at all at the time

I understand that completely. £5m was a great deal at the time but Guardiola's made him the player he is.

Gerard Pique is an immense player, and to think I was mocked for suggesting he was the best center back in the world.

Vidic is still in top 5 best IMO ;) Ferdinand is just injury prone now:'(

He's Spanish. Close ball-control is their thing.

Top class centre back. He hasn't been nominated for Defender of the year twice in a row for nothing.

Fantastic DC... Also great pass and ball control... In my opinion, the best ball playing central defender in the world...

think him and puyol are perfect partnership. pique the classy one, puyol the animal.

both been trained by barcelona youth set up, which is the best in the world.