shrimpercj

Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone might know thge answer to my question, i have searched thr forum high & low and cant really find anything that answers it, unless it just me being blind!! Here goes????

When scouting opponents, looking on INFO/FACILITIES/PITCH SIZE

It gives 2, for instance i just played Man City, it said pitch size 102m x 65m but the maximum pitch size underneath says 117m x 72m.

Does this mean City have a narrow & short pitch???

Reason for asking, i use TBH 4-2-3-1 top team (im Arsenal) i cruise games at home beat everyone, but away i really struggle, even drew wiith Swansea 3-3 i got last minute goal, lost 4-1 to Villa and got hammered at City 3-0 they had 70% of the ball and 21 shots on goal!!!! I use all 4 versions of TBH tactic, and even tweeked them be all to no success

The last game used to tell you throught the scout what type of pitch they have, so i knew what type of footy to play, now im confused about the 2 different pitch size it displays on the facilities screen.

Does it really make that much difference anyway??????

I have played FM since 06 (for lots of hours) and have never struggled away from home like i do now

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

It means (actuall) size and( potentially)Maximum size.

And no, your poor away results is NOT because Of the pitch size. If you had been playing with à small team and getting good results at home om your Narrow field and lost all away games on huge pitches, it could have been à variable though, but as this is not the case, its down to other factors such as tactics( in this case version picking) and man management.

It means (actuall) size and( potentially)Maximum size.

And no, your poor away results is NOT because Of the pitch size. If you had been playing with à small team and getting good results at home om your Narrow field and lost all away games on huge pitches, it could have been à variable though, but as this is not the case, its down to other factors such as tactics( in this case version picking) and man management.

Thanks for the reply TBH, so against Man City, i went for the Cautious Counter version, then at 2 down, i went DIRECT COUNTER, conceaded again, 2nd half went for the attack version, i didnt concead but still only 3 shots on target and couldnt get the ball......like playing against Spain!! lol

My Arsenal team that match was Sceizney, Sagna rb, vermalen cb, Koscielny cb, Alba lb, Song cm, Hamsik dlp, Hazard dwl, Ozil am, Montillo dwr, Podolski p, a side more than good enough to cause City problems, and most of them seemed HAPPY at the team talk and FIRED UP at H/T.
Thrash teams at home inc Man Utd 5-1 and Real Madrid 3-0, struggle badly away!!