PK

Reaction score

Are you having trouble competing on the same level as the big clubs in your league or in europe, well this tactic is perfect for you, if you are small and weak team compared to the man utd's, chelsea, it can sometimes seem like it's impossible to get any kind of result against these teams.

This was a problem for me with Newcastle Utd, until i made this tactic , 0-0 draw against chelsea early on draws against chelsea and man utd aswell, but as your team learns the tactic and gets more effective at it especially in attacking movement wise i was getting results such as 2-0 wins against man utd who were top of the leage at the time and unbeaten, beat aston villa 1-0 who are a very fast and attacking team.

PK's Instructions on Using Tactic

As soon as you can you should set this tactic and prepare it in the match preperation screen, also if you have just finished your season and no games left or if you are in pre-season of your first game, take your assistant manager off match preperation and set your workload of match preperation to VERY HIGH, this will ensure that your team learns that tactic allot faster and you can specify the areas to work on during pre season.

You can choose any pitch size you want, but the best is probably the biggest size.

Match Instructions

When you start a match use these

Retain Posession
Pass to Feet
Stay on Feet

This will help the defence out and also will help you keep possession and control the game

Opponents Instructions

Use these in order to limit the number of chances the opponent team gets.
For Strikers AML/AMR ML/MR AMC Use these on them before every game.

Tight Marking YES
Closing Down YES
Weak Foot YES

Also sometimes you might need to go hard on some of the faster players to stop them, but take your assistant managers advice aswell and do whatever he reccomends to you.

Formation and Position Analysis

RB - FullBack - Automatic
RCB - Limited Defender - Defend
LCB - Limited Defender - Defend
LB - FullBack - Automatic

CDM - Defensive Midfielder - Defend

LCM - Central Mdfielder - Support
RCM - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

AML - Inside Forward - Attack
AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

ST - TargetMan - Attack

Extra Info

I am newcastle with this tactic and it works well because although i'm now in my 2nd season and have slightly better players, i had jonas and ben arfa, jonas as aml and ben arfa amr, and as inside forwards they are perfect there, because their strongest foot should be the opposite side of the side they are playing, so jonas is right footed , and ben arfa both foot'd, this should be considered aswell when you do this tactic but not a vital aspect, as this tactic is all about grinding out results , getting points where you wouldent usually get them against the big teams.

A vital point here, DO NOT USE THIS TACTIC AS YOUR ONLY TACTIC!

This tactic should be used in combination with another more attacking tactic, my tactic is only to be used for if you are underdog's to a game, if you are playing the chelsea's man utd's tottenham, arsenal , or any other big team, and also good in europe if you are a small team.

This tactic could also work as an away only tactic, if you are struggling to get results away from home.

I will give more information another time on what types of players should be playing in the positions, stick with it and as i said make sure you at least put it in your match preperation window as if you ever need to use, to see off a game for example or playing against a top team, it's always there for your team and ready to use.

Thanks any questions, ask away.

Results

The first 2 results were early on in the tactic and very early on in the season in which the team didnt know the tactic very well hence the grinding out results and them having chances and fairly ok possession.

But as the team grew more confident with the tactic and after a few tweaks i started getting results like this.

Now i'm in my 2nd season with newcastle and have a slightly better team so i won't post as many results of the tactic now, cause i have a better team and that don't prove anything, but me and my friend play a network game, he finished 3 points away from 1st place with tottenham in the first season, signed great players like hulk etc, and i managed to get a 1-0 win, it's the first time i used this tactic in 2nd season as he has a powerfull team and very attacking minded. As you can see i controlled the game and had double attempts on goal, and this is only game 3 or 4 into the season so the team needs to relearn all the tactic again after each season, and the changes i made have improved it allot in terms of possession and chances of the tactic that gives you a more fighting chance now instead of just 0-0 against chelsea or man utd all the time, thats why you use those instructions i made earlier on in the post.

Last edited:
haha, PK, that stands for something funny here in SA, but on a serious note, I do not use others tactics, good luck mate... ;)

Good Luck mate, but i dont get how u are so sucessful

1. Puting your Target-Man as a lone striker, thats the worst u can do

2.You only have one player on Support Duty, dont see how that works out but it can be possible

3. Evidently only ur full-backs are providing most of the width and with the roles and duties u have given them, they probably dont attack much

This basically looks like a total defensive tactic to me, as I mentioned sometimes tactics which differ from theory actually work so until I see some screenshots my view wont change
I dont mean to insult you, I just have my doubts

Ye it's my initials , so most ppl call me PK lol.
Yeh man i repsect you don;t use other people's tactics, but this is a very basic tactic if you look at it, you can customise it further as you wish and make it your own, i just put this tactic out here to help people who have gone small teams and are sturggling to get any kind of result against the big teams.

Would be happy if some people tested it out, i know it works, but you can't just take my word for it, follow all the instructions i layed out and you should start seeing some unexpected results.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Good Luck mate, but i dont get how u are so sucessful

1. Puting your Target-Man as a lone striker, thats the worst u can do

2.You only have one player on Support Duty, dont see how that works out but it can be possible

3. Evidently only ur full-backs are providing most of the width and with the roles and duties u have given them, they probably dont attack much

This basically looks like a total defensive tactic to me, as I mentioned sometimes tactics which differ from theory actually work so until I see some screenshots my view wont change
I dont mean to insult you, I just have my doubts

Yeh man i understand fully, this tactic main purpose is to limit the number of chances the team gets and for your team to control the game, with this tactic i control most of the time 55-60%+ of possession and have double or triple the number of chances, it's set for a really boring game, cause you can go 30mins without anything even happening, btu yes this is a total defense tactic , but it's also a tactic in which you control the game, play slow build up, i will upload from screenshots soon of differant results.

Ye it's my initials , so most ppl call me PK lol.
Yeh man i repsect you don;t use other people's tactics, but this is a very basic tactic if you look at it, you can customise it further as you wish and make it your own, i just put this tactic out here to help people who have gone small teams and are sturggling to get any kind of result against the big teams.

Would be happy if some people tested it out, i know it works, but you can't just take my word for it, follow all the instructions i layed out and you should start seeing some unexpected results.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Yeh man i understand fully, this tactic main purpose is to limit the number of chances the team gets and for your team to control the game, with this tactic i control most of the time 55-60%+ of possession and have double or triple the number of chances, it's set for a really boring game, cause you can go 30mins without anything even happening, btu yes this is a total defense tactic , but it's also a tactic in which you control the game, play slow build up, i will upload from screenshots soon of differant results.

As I said, successful tactics sometimes differ from theory, I will defo download this and give it a bash to see what it can do

New screenshots of results added

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

As I said, successful tactics sometimes differ from theory, I will defo download this and give it a bash to see what it can do

Cool Thanks.

Looks like you have had some great results using this tactic. How do you usually play against teams on the same level as you and against weaker teams?

Looks like you have had some great results using this tactic. How do you usually play against teams on the same level as you and against weaker teams?

In that case i use my own 4-2-3-1 tactic, so yeh i always play with wingers and always with 1 striker , because good strikers can be expensive and i'm only newcastle so hardly any money lol, that tactic is good for home games for me against weaker or similiar ranked teams win 5-1 etc and away against similiar kind of teams i only win 1-0 etc, but in my game its only a couple of games into the season so my team still needs to learn that tactic properly.

I see allot of people uploading very attacking tactics, so i wanted to change the way some ppl play, try get results against the big teams, thats why i uploaded this tactic.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:52 PM ----------

How are you guys finding it , remember to do high workload in pre season in attacking mentality for the tactic so when you go to use it the team will be more prepared, should be able to keep the ball well with this match instructions and bang in a few goals.

How you guys getting on with the tactic , any success so far?

Thanks PK. 1st Season, 2nd match: Newcastle vs Chelsea: 0-0. Great Ball control tactic. Chelsea could never get anything going...I'll take the point.

4-5-1 Defensive... my kind of tactic. Similar to what I've been playing. Don't use others tactics.

I have the standard back-line rolls though, Supporting defensive mid, and support for both central mids.

Playing a loan target man is fine if he works hard, I play 2 wingers and whenever the ball is out on one wing the other winger will join the target man in the box usually to great effect. I try and look for wingers with good off the ball and anticipation so they make there move at the right time.

Works well with a deep lying foward, when I go ahead I have an extra tactic too. Having 2 Defend defensive mids, slowing the tempo slightly and bringing the balkline deeper.

It seems like allot of people have been making 4-5-1 tactics, and i have tried them all, if youre lookking for a good defensive 4-5-1 tactic i would say this one is still the best having tried them all out, this si the one if you think you have no chance of winning any points out of the game.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Thanks PK. 1st Season, 2nd match: Newcastle vs Chelsea: 0-0. Great Ball control tactic. Chelsea could never get anything going...I'll take the point.

Yeh stick with it m8, and you will start winning those aswell, as the attacking mentality get better and players get farmiliar with tactic, jonas is insane as aml there, with him cutting inside scores allot of match winning goals for me.

Cool

Ive had some pretty good results so far with this tactic, ive also been using it against the same level teams as me, i am wolves and 18 games ibnto season i am 8th having lost 4 drawn 7 and won 9 i think. Is there any chance u can maybe link us to your attacking tactic .

cheers PK

Great detail PK, KUTGW, good to see tactics focussed on defending rather than just the "I'll score one more than you" attitude... :)

Currently working on Updating this tactic, to give more attacking options, which will be allot more refined and try to keep even more possession than it does atm.