accuracy if you want them to score more goals.....but if i got a player who i know will score goals, i might make him blast his shots cause the goals look more spectacular

When i tell them to shoot with accuracy they always try soft shot aimed right at the keeper!!!

I told Lavezzi to place shots and he scored 21 goals last season :)

i teach all my strikers to place shots they score more

I tell most strikers to place them i have only ever told 1 striker to blast them!its in my current save with Bristol City Jon Stead hes great at it finds the net 9 times out of 10

if they have high composure decisions and technique, place them. if they lack the composure, power them. Place shots works well for players attacking at an angle, ie inside forwards

if they have high composure decisions and technique, place them. if they lack the composure, power them. Place shots works well for players attacking at an angle, ie inside forwards

Thank you. Didn't know that was how it worked. I tend to teach big guys (Lukaku fx) to blast it in.

Pretty much what Mike said, also if they're pretty agile try making them learn to round the keeper + place shots.

Pretty much what Mike said, also if they're pretty agile try making them learn to round the keeper + place shots.

very good point about agility, often overlooked

just what Mike had said about placing shots, powering them in are for players that lack composure and finishing who are relatively strong and have a decent long shot attribute works well (including decisions)

IDK why but I have great success with 'shoot with power' .I've managed Rooney,Defoe, and Forlan who all of them have 'shoot with power' and they are scoring for fun. Especially Forlan who score 30+ in just 20+ matches!

I can also confirm that placing shots works very well for inside forwards on the AMR/AML positions. Their chances are usually created by long passes which makes them able to outrun the opposing defence and approach the goal from the wing. Without placing shots skill they will put their shots just closely next to the goal if they shot from angle.

General rule of thumb is that small, pacey and quick poachers benefit from placed shots, whereas target men do better with powered shots. So yeah, what Mike. said.