Play FM 2009 In Windowed Mode

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) If your computers screen resolution is greater than 1024 x 768 then you can choose windowed mode from the FM 2009 Preferences > Display & Sound screen.

View attachment 2576

2) If your screen resolution is less than 1024 x 768 you will have to do the following to play in windowed mode....

3) Create a shortcut to fm.exe.

attachment.php

4) Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.

attachment.php

5) At the end of the Target box put -small_screen - windowed

View attachment 2575

So if your game is installed via Steam then the full path in the Target box will be:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

If you installed with Uniloc then the full path in the Target box will be:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

6) Press OK and then run the game using the shortcut.

Great explanation for people who don't know!! :D

Noooo, all it does is reduce the amount of screen used, therefore you can see your taskbar (bar along the bottom) whereas with other screen resolutions it would cover the taskbar, i prefer windowed mode.

MiiCK.

I love it, gives you the option to do other things while playing, Facebook/Msn/Music etc, lovvve it! (H)

What is your screen resolution though? If it is above what he stated you don't need to put '-small_screen - windowed' in.

Cheers for this. Now I can facebook and play FM

I use windowed mode, i think that it's better. you can also change it by going into preferences on football manager and ticking or unticking the box for windowed mode

Yes just remove the parameter from the target box or from the preferences screen you can switch to full screen again.