Play Offs the last two seasons, can they go one better? - Brighton and Hove Albion

SamPeters

Reaction score
159746.jpg

Here is my overall look on the squad
oksg1t.jpg

bip5eb.jpg

We will need to do some business during the summer as I feel the squad could do with some improving for us to challenge for promotion this season

Goalkeepers: I will keep to the 3 I already have this season and will then maybe look to move Ankergren on next season

Defenders: I feel we could possibly do with another Right back but this will not be as much of a concern for me until next season as i feel Bruno and Calderon can cover well for the season but may change my mind if the right player comes up

Midfielders: The only thing we are lacking here is a winger or two which is something we will look at

Strikers: I am confident enough with the strikers there, I already sent Leon Best back to Blackburn as I felt he would hardly be used so best to free up the wages and will look at a better quality striker

Player/s I will look to get rid of during the summer
Kemy-Agustien.jpg

Kemy Agustien
Kemy would struggle to be used this season as we already have enough quality in this area so I will look to move him on to free up some money for further additions

Players I will potentially target
423497-2.jpg

Chris Eagles
With Chris being on a free, he could potentially be a great signing for us but weather we will offer him a contract yet I do not know
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dean+***+MK+Dons+v+Leyton+Orient+npower+League+h2UkveYY3_6l.jpg
Dean ***
Being a Brighton fan I always felt we should never have let him go but will we try to bring him back this summer?
jetshirt43213-901504_478x359.jpg

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
I feel this player has a lot of quality and can play on the wing or as a striker so would love to bring him in but weather a deal will be done we will wait and see
Joe_Mattock_350x475_652097a.jpg

Joe Mattock
Another player that has played for Brighton before, I feel he could add a lot to the side and give us that extra bit of quality that we need
adam_1563766a.jpg

Adam Matthews
This is one I do not expect to go anywhere near to getting but we will make an enquiry to Celtic about him

Obviously there are a lot more names on our shortlist but that was just a selective few

Good luck with this one Sam. I kept SWP on the books for the first season in my story and he always did a job when I used him its just that his wages at QPR were too big to really justify the role he had. Here's hoping he can propel the Seagulls to the promised land of the Premier League!

Can you take Bridcutt and Buckley back off our hands mate? XD Actually scrap that, they may be useful in the Championship for us next year!

Good luck with the story, will follow.

Good start will follow, how much money did they give you lol. Seems like you have spent a fortune!

Good start will follow, how much money did they give you lol. Seems like you have spent a fortune!

I think I started with £1.8 Million but what also helped was the £800K sale of Mackail-Smith to Wigan lol

Interesting signings! Curious to see how Brighton do. Good luck. :)

159746.jpg

So I smartly went on FM15 drunk last night and deleted my save

I will start this up again on here

Good luck with this one Sam. I kept SWP on the books for the first season in my story and he always did a job when I used him its just that his wages at QPR were too big to really justify the role he had. Here's hoping he can propel the Seagulls to the promised land of the Premier League!
Will be following this thread, havent seen a birghton story in a while!

I will be carrying on with this but transfers will have changed so look out for future posts on here!

159746.jpg

2940126.jpg

Dean *** returns!

Today Brighton and Hove Albion have confirmed the signing of Ex Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Dean *** for a fee of £1.8 Million

"Some may question the price but I feel he will fully be worth every penny and I am delighted that Dean has returned to us!"

159746.jpg
Z

Wallace heads south

Brighton and Hove Albion have confirmed their second signing of the season with Lee Wallace joining from Rangers for a fee of £195K

"I am delighted that Lee has joined us and will add great competition with Joe and Adam for the Left Back spot."

159746.jpg

aquino-atletico-madrid-b-2014-2015-620-01-300x236.jpg

Aquino sets for Brighton

Brighton and Hove Albion today have confirmed the signing of 23 year old Spanish midfielder Dani Aquino from Atletico Madrid for a fee of £100K

"I feel this is a brilliant signing, He gives us options in midfield and upfront which is great for us."

Some good signings there! *** is a very decent winger for the Championship.

159746.jpg

Pre-Season 2014

b9gkm8.jpg

My Player of Pre-Season
kazenga-lualua229-1793904_231x264.jpg

Kazenga LuaLua
Kaz has had a great Pre-Season which included 4 goals and 2 assists!

Overall
I am very confident in our chances of pushing for the Play-Offs this season!

159746.jpg

August 2014
sky-bet-championship-logo.jpg

Game 1
9a9t3c.jpg

A nice start to the season, was hoping we would won by more but its still good, I gave a debut to 9 players today and delighted that it went well, the team gelled well together so I am happy.

My Player of the Match was Sam Baldock, Although he missed the penalty his overall performance was great and did get his first goal for the club.
10pssh2.png

First Round
15ow0vd.jpg

A brilliant performance by the lads and gave a few youngsters a try and this match included 8 debuts today!

My Man of the Match Award goes to Jake Forster-Caskey, He had a brilliant game which included 2 goals which 1 was an amazing free kick
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
228873d1331311023-bury-fc-%E2%80%93-shaking-up-football-league-transfer-centre-promo-800_2618835.jpg

Transfer News
paulo-gazzaniga-home-profile148-1862745_231x264.jpg
casper-ankergren-8718771.jpg

A New Argentinian is in town as a Dane departs

Brighton and Hove Albion have confirmed the signing of Southampton Goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga on a free transfer while Danish Goalkeeper Casper Ankergren has been released from his contract

"I am delighted with the signing of Paulo because he is a player with quality and with his signing, I felt it was best to let Casper find a new club but I want to thank him for his time at Brighton."

Game 2
rcmq14.jpg

Another brilliant performance for us! we was on top from the start and the stats prove that! very pleasing that its going great

My Player of the Match goes to Lewis Dunk, He has been very composed and the back today with an amazing performance by the whole defence

Game 3
2s6x99h.jpg

Not happy that we threw away a 2 goal lead today, Should have won this but Elland Road is a tough place to come to

My Player of the Match is Jefferey Monakana, He had a good game while he was on which included a first goal for the club for the lad which is great for him, I also have Paulo Gazzaniga and Glen Rea their debuts for Brighton.

Game 4
290zw9s.jpg

A brilliant performance here today in front of our home crowd! I was delighted that Jason Davis picked up his first goal for the club.

My Star Player of the match is Greg Halford, He had a great game which included 2 goals!
10pssh2.png

2nd Round
288b0pi.jpg

This match was a lot closer than I would have liked but main thing is we are in the next round where we come up against an old face as Gus Poyet brings his Sunderland side to the AMEX

My player of the match is Craig Mackail-Smith, He looked very sharp and put both his penalties away but his overall performance was good.

Game 5
30hlwna.jpg

A victory at home today is good but I was not happy with conceding the goals after being 4-1 up, A brilliant hat-trick from Chris O'Grady today was great to see

My player of the match was Chris O'Grady, He has a superb match today which included a hat-trick from him which should bring his confidence right up!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitons

SkyBet Championship: 1st
2gx2zw2.jpg
wqt3eo.jpg

Well what an amazing month here by us, better than I expected straight away but delighted with all my players this month

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round vs Sunderland
Faced a couple of smaller clubs so far but now got the big test against Sunderland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club Awards
2j4ecti.jpg

Manager of the Month
So I picked up the manager of the month award in my first month in the league but the award goes to the players

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer
chris-ogrady229-1793898_231x264.jpg

Chris O'Grady - 4

Most Assists
solomon-march229-1793916_231x264.jpg
cox89-1890176_231x264.jpg

Chris O'Grady + Solly March + Dean *** - 3

Most Man of the Matches
craig-mackail-smith229-1793900_231x264.jpg
lewis-dunk229-1793906_231x264.jpg
jake-forster-caskey229-1793903_231x264.jpg
halford-p229-2069925_231x264.jpg

Craig Mackail-Smith + Chris O'Grady + Lewis Dunk + Jake Forster-Caskey + Greg Halford - 1

Top Rating
solomon-march229-1793916_231x264.jpg

Chris O'Grady + Solly March - 7.78