Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up - Bringing The Glory To Portsmouth

mathllanber

Reaction score
----------

Introduction

Hi all, been on and off the forums for a couple of years. Been reading a lot of the manager stories so I've decided to join in the fun and make one myself. I'll be starting in the lower leagues with Portsmouth. The main target is to get Portsmouth back into the Premier League. We'll see how it goes, enjoy.

----------

View attachment 121140 View attachment 121140 View attachment 121140

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP - BRING THE GLORY TO PORTSMOUTH

1st July, 2016 - 1st September, 2016

Summer Transfer Window.

View attachment 121139

Joe Wilkinson - With a couple of injuries in the CB position, Wilkinson was bought in as back-up to cover for the pre-season but will look to make an impact over the coming months.

Owain Jones - Young Welshman Owain Jones was bought in on loan from Swansea. Jones can play in any of the front three positions which is a big plus. Even though he's very young, we hope he can bag a lot of goals throughout the season.

Calvin Davies - Davies was loaned out to Conference Premier favourties Forest Green for the season to gain 1st team experience as there was no place for him as of now.

Pre-Season Friendlies.

View attachment 121138

A very good pre-season for the squad winning every game but importantly getting the tactics and match fitness ready for the start of the season.

August Fixtures.

View attachment 121137

An embarrassing start to the season with only 1 point gained from a possible 12. We played very well in the 4 games but couldn't take our chances and the opponents took advantage. Disappointed to also go out in the 1st round of the EFL Cup vs League 1 Charlton Athletic especially with us leading 2-0 with only 15 minutes left. A good ending to the month with a 4-2 away win at Exeter and another away win against a strong U23's Chelsea side in the Checkatrade Trophy.

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP - BRING THE GLORY TO PORTSMOUTH

View attachment 121140 View attachment 121140 View attachment 121140

----------

Hopefully I'll have September's post out late today. In that I'll include the league table, the squad, stats for the season so far and a couple more things. Hope you enjoy.

----------

Last edited:
View attachment 120921

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP - BRINGING THE GLORY TO PORTSMOUTH

SEPTEMBER

Fixtures

View attachment 120919

----------
View attachment 120918
3/9/2016 - PORTSMOUTH vs Crawley Town

View attachment 120916

----------
View attachment 120918
10/9/2016 - PORTSMOUTH vs Wycombe Wanderers

View attachment 120914

----------
View attachment 120918
17/9/2016 - Accrington Stanley vs PORTSMOUTH

View attachment 120913

----------
View attachment 120918
24/9/2016 - PORTSMOUTH vs Barnet

View attachment 120907

----------
View attachment 120918
27/9/2016 - Blackpool vs PORTSMOUTH

View attachment 120906

----------

September Review & News

12 points out of a possible 15 in September is a fantastic turnaround after a poor start in August. We carried on from a win in the league and the Checkatrade Trophy in August with two 2-1 home wins, Crawley Town & Wycombe Wanderers. A poor performance against Accrington Stanley was summed up by a late red card to midfielder Amine Linganzi. A great way to end the month after the loss, 2 wins from 2 and 2 clean sheets which is a big bonus.

A good month was summed up by picking up the manager of the month award.

View attachment 120899

----------

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP - BRINGING THE GLORY TO PORTSMOUTH

View attachment 120921

-----
For people following, I forgot once again to take a screenshot of the table towards the end of the month. I think I was in and around the play-off places. For the next post, October, i'll try to remember the league table and maybe a couple of league/player stats. I'll leave the squad until January for a mid-season update. If someone wants to see something, I can provide you with a screenshot. Thanks again for looking.
-----

Last edited: