Jxsh

Reaction score
View attachment 376413

More turmoil at Fratton Park as Whittingham walks away

View attachment 376412

Portsmouth football club have issued a statement in the last hour which states former manager Guy Whittingham has stepped down from his post, leaving the League 2 club now manager-less. The news comes shortly after the chairman claimed he may have to transfer list every player on the clubs books, to help with the clubs finances. The former F.A. Cup winners, now in League 2, are welcoming all applicants for the job, claiming any potential manager must be ready for a 'dogfight' and must be 100% committed to the cause.

With many tipping Pompey for an immediate return to League 1, whoever is appointed will be under a lot of pressure to succeed on limited resources. With the squad down to it's bare bones already, the Portsmouth chairman has stated he will do everything in his power to keep the players already at the club but cannot promise it - "it's purely a financial decision, we've got some class players here; Rocha, Wallace and many more. I can assure all you blues that I don't want to lose these lads as much as you - if not more"

The bookmakers believe that the new man at the helm will be inexperienced, with odds of 3/1 that the job will be the new managers first. Former Arsenal, Spurs and Pompey centre back Sol Campbell is the odds on favourite to be offered the job, but whether he is ready for the challenge is another question.

Want me to end this one and start another pal? Sorry didn't realise!

no i dont mind just thought might be a bit boring if there were two of the same story but carry on if u want we could compare but its upto you mate

no i dont mind just thought might be a bit boring if there were two of the same story but carry on if u want we could compare but its upto you mate

I'll start a new one lad, feel bad anyway aha - how do I go about getting the thread closed?

Think I'll be Middlesborough, or an average Championship side.

I'll start a new one lad, feel bad anyway aha - how do I go about getting the thread closed?

Think I'll be Middlesborough, or an average Championship side.

ok sorry tho mate erm not sure how to close it maybe contact a moderator or someone but yeah a Middlesborough one would be cool or a Burnley one without Austin your choice and sorry again mate

ok sorry tho mate erm not sure how to close it maybe contact a moderator or someone but yeah a Middlesborough one would be cool or a Burnley one without Austin your choice and sorry again mate

No worries pal, yeah yeah I'll get an intro done tonight! Check it out ;):p