StephenAFC

Reaction score
Dean-Hi-Res-12-360x440.jpg

Dean Ashton appointed Portsmouth manager.
Former Hammer signs one year deal with Pompey.
Recently relegated side Portsmouth have appointed Dean Ashton as their new manager after Guy Whittingham elected to sign a contract to work as assistant manager at Crawley Town with new boss John Gregory. Ashton was forced to retire in 2009 due to injury and earned his coaching badges over a four year period. Earning his UEFA A License in January 2013, Ashton is currently completing a course to earn a UEFA Continental Pro License rendering him able to manage in the top division in any nation. Ashton said in an interview with Pompey TV;
"I'm delighted to be the new boss at Portsmouth, it still hasn't sunk in. Not many people can say their first manager's job was at a club like Portsmouth, I'm chuffed. I spoke with Iain McInnes and he outlined his vision and I wanted to be apart of it. I was fortunate to be offered the job and I couldn't say no. I can't wait to take my first training session with such a fantastic club." When asked if Ashton was using the club as a stepping stone for management, Ashton passionatley outlined his intentions;
​"No! I'm here for the long run. I deliberately delayed my Pro License course which will take me until late next year to complete and by that time, we should be top of League One! No, I am not using Portsmouth. I want to be here, I'm proud to be here." Steve Allen will remain assistant manager and Andy Awford will return to his post of Head of Youth Development.

Portsmouth sign Lopez and Nkusu Landu
Youngsters impress at Open Trial Day
entrevista-esteban-cardona-lopez-newcastle1.jpg
60276_ori_adam_nkusu.jpg

Dean Ashton has made his first signings as Portsmouth manager bringing in ex Newcastle midfielder Esteban Lopez and former Nottingham Forest youngster Adam Nkusu Landu. Ashton said in their unveiling that he remains in disbelief that these two were without a club. "I just can't believe these two were released from their clubs. Esteban has Premier League potential and Adam has Premier League potential. It's easy to see. At the open trial day these two were phenomenal working together in the same team with Esteban assisting Adam and Adam scoring it was a beauty to watch. These two will be in our team this season and will be pivotal to any success we have." Ashton also confirmed that the club were set to sign Donal McDermott on loan from Bournemouth.

Portsmouth loan Kiernan and McDermott
Two sign season-long loan deals.
421954_231x264.jpg
23-donal-mcdermott34-981653_231x264.jpg

Portsmouth have confirmed the loan signings of Rob Kiernan from Wigan and Donal McDermott from Bournemouth. Portsmouth have brought in Kiernan after the club had just three accomplished centre backs and McDermott is a recognized attacking midfielder which Portsmouth only had one (Andy Barcham) until the signings of McDermott and Esteban Lopez.

Portsmouth sign Etheridge and Santangelo
Goalkeepers sign on free transfers
article-0-17172112000005DC-918_306x423.jpg
ee79fb58-.jpg

Portsmouth have confirmed the double signings of Fulham's Neil Etheridge and free agent Dean Santangelo. Etheridge, capped 40 times by the Phillipenes, joins on a free transfer from Fulham and Dean Santangelo joins on a free after his release from Manchester United.

Portsmouth and Liverpool link up
373523d1375476532-portsmouth-fc-phoenix-flames-portsmouth_fc_crest_2008.png
liverbird.gif

A Statement From Portsmouth Football Club
"Portsmouth Football Club are delighted to announce a partnership with Liverpool Football Club. Liverpool are a club of high prestige and a glittering youth academy. This partnership enables Liverpool to send youth players to Portsmouth in order to aid their development and aid our team. Each year, Portsmouth and Liverpool will play a friendly to enable Portsmouth fans and Liverpool fans in Portsmouth to see both teams in action. I hope to see this partnership blossom." - Iain McInnes

This is a diary i'm interested in, lets see if Ashton can get Pompey back to where they belong

Question why oh why sign lopez ??? I did and he is rubbish altho I'm top of League 2 :)

I'm Sorry -
I've played on to September 2014 and a bad start to the season got me sacked. I will not be posting anymore. Sorry

I'm Sorry -
I've played on to September 2014 and a bad start to the season got me sacked. I will not be posting anymore. Sorry

Just a quick tip for you, You seem to start a lot of stories but never get very far with any of them, Play as the side for 6 months save the data you need for the story and if you are in to it then post a story rather than this happening

Just a quick tip for you, You seem to start a lot of stories but never get very far with any of them, Play as the side for 6 months save the data you need for the story and if you are in to it then post a story rather than this happening

I am StephenAFC, I've taken your advice on board and I don't want an account associated with a lot of failed posts. Now I am going to play around six months of a save and if I feel I want to post it than I will. Thanks