y2xtreme

Reaction score
Hi guys i have had FM2011 since release and i stupidly installed it to have to use the disk to play it and just yesterday my DVD drive has stopped reading disks (which i cant find a fix for, but thats another matter) and i am wondering if there is a way that i can continue to play my FM without the disk, basically swapping from needing a disk to not.

I still have all the box and info like the key if i need to enter that again somewhere in the process. I really hope so otherwise i am without FM at least till the DVD drive is fixed, which sadly doesn't look like any time soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could install it via Steam using your key. As you won't be able to use the disk to install it with Steam, you will have to download the game via Steam instead.

Is your PC a desktop? DVD drives are really cheap, so it would not cost much to replace. It will probably be a bit more expensive if it is a laptop.

Yea its a desktop, i will definitely get a new one if i can't find a fix for it. The only thing is, will i have to transfer all my files such as saves, tactics, facepacks, logos..etc. Over to another folder or will they still work in their current ones if i go through steam?

Thanks for your help btw

Yea its a desktop, i will definitely get a new one if i can't find a fix for it. The only thing is, will i have to transfer all my files such as saves, tactics, facepacks, logos..etc. Over to another folder or will they still work in their current ones if i go through steam?

Thanks for your help btw
You probably will not have to because I believe the Steam version uses exactly the same folder (/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manger 2011) for all your data.

Cheers mate, i found a no/cd patch that is working fine, now to just fix my dvd drive :p