Shorebird17

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm sure this has been asked a few times before, but I couldn't find a thread on the topic. I understand the difference between view only and playable, but does it affect the quality of regens in view only leagues? Some posters seem to think so, I can't tell from my experiences.

Also, does anyone have any experience with regens of different nationalities coming through the ranks of your youth system? I've had a few Welsh regens appear (As Cheltenham) but none others, could it be possibly to see a French, Bulgarian or even Japanese player appear if my club's reputation keeps growing?

I'm not sure, I've played over 10 seasons as Man City on FM10 and FM11 and I've had quite a few regens from UAE and a couple from Thailand or somewhere like that, so it could be affected by feeder clubs as I have Al-Jazeera and South China.

Try getting some Brazilian/French/Spanish feeder clubs and see if it affects your regens after a few seasons, post what happens on here, I've never thought about it before but now I'm quite interested.

View Only has the exact same regen system as if you never loaded the league in the first place. The only difference is you can see the league standings and stats.

Go with fully loaded all the time!

And as your rep grows, and you scouting network increases, and your scouting knowledge increases the more likely it is you will get players from different nationalities.

View Only has the exact same regen system as if you never loaded the league in the first place. The only difference is you can see the league standings and stats.

Go with fully loaded all the time!

And as your rep grows, and you scouting network increases, and your scouting knowledge increases the more likely it is you will get players from different nationalities.
So then what is the difference between regens? Quality? Quantity?

So then what is the difference between regens? Quality? Quantity?
IMO there is a difference in quality.
1. If the league is not fully loaded i.e. shortcuts are taken to reduce processing load
2. If the league is inactive, the regens generated will not develop as well as they would have if the league had been active. Again this is because of methods used to save on processing load. That is until you notice them of course.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "league not fully loaded" and "taking shortcuts" ?

What do you mean by "league not fully loaded" and "taking shortcuts" ?
"league not fully loaded" as in on view-only or not selected at all.

Well, basically what happens with inactive leagues is fixtures are calculated on reputation and a few other factors to save on processing instead of simulating the whole match.

View only leagues are probably not as bad in this regard as inactive leagues. Beacause AFAIK in view-only leagues the matches are simulated unlike the inactives. But the quantity of regens would still be less than a fully active league.

Last edited: