Played the same game 10 times, lost ten times

garrya

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this, that now I know there are unwinnable games. I manage FC Lens, League 2, leading the table. Arch enemy, Le Mans, coming for the next game. Approaching the end of the season, lost only 2 games, team plays convincingly. And now we got to the game I lost 2 -0, some players played abysmal (never seen before), made numerous mistakes, got a person sent off with easy tackles set, eventually got ****** off, so I played the game again. Exactly the same things happened. Then quit and played the game again, same again. Conceded goals in the first ten minutes, even when I had 4 defenders and three defensive midfielders. Changed tactics, same again. After ten times I had given up, accepted the unacceptable. 10 games against a team that is not any better than mine. Its players have similar attributes, and they play a simple 4-4-2 without anything special. I have tried 4 different tactics, all of them are tactics from this website, familiarity was always excellent, and I could score 4 (!!!!!!) goals during these 10 games, conceded over 20. There were games when I had more possessions, or when I had more shots and shots on target, still lost. Conceded own goal(s) - never had before - , penalties - rarely had - , hit the post numerous times. There was no chance even to achieve a draw. I know this is a game, but this should not be happening. There is one positive outcome of this case, I will play less, as I don't see that much fun anymore. The game will eventually decide no matter what tactic I use.
If anybody has any idea why this happens I will be grateful.

There is no such thing as an unwinnable game. Fact. There is no such scripting in the game.

Upload your save, I guarantee myself or someone else would win that game

I do believe there are unwinnable games. Obviously, there might be some tactics to beat them but, unfortunately, not the ones I used. For example, I didn't put LB on the bench and what happens, Lb gets injured. In another instance I had no DM on the bench, my 2 DMs played 7.2 and 7.5, the latter one got injured. In one game I had two players injured, of course I had used my subs by that time. And many more strange things. I felt that I could do nothing, 24 shots 12 on target still no goal. The moral was always good, players were happy, motivated and all of a sudden some players become abysmal that had never happened before. No need to dwell on it too much to get to the conclusion, there is a glitch or a programmed factor against me. I don't mind losing games, and I had never repeated a single one, but that result was just too strange to accept.

I do believe there are unwinnable games. Obviously, there might be some tactics to beat them but, unfortunately, not the ones I used. For example, I didn't put LB on the bench and what happens, Lb gets injured. In another instance I had no DM on the bench, my 2 DMs played 7.2 and 7.5, the latter one got injured. In one game I had two players injured, of course I had used my subs by that time. And many more strange things. I felt that I could do nothing, 24 shots 12 on target still no goal. The moral was always good, players were happy, motivated and all of a sudden some players become abysmal that had never happened before. No need to dwell on it too much to get to the conclusion, there is a glitch or a programmed factor against me. I don't mind losing games, and I had never repeated a single one, but that result was just too strange to accept.

You can believe it all you want. Doesn't make it true. The fact is there is no scripting like that. There is no glitch, there is no programmed factor against you.

Again upload your save and I guarantee someone will win it.

Just accept that their manager is better than you :D One defeat is not the end of the game, you will win the next one.

If not, the game will not be enjoyable any more. believe me

Just accept that their manager is better than you :D One defeat is not the end of the game, you will win the next one.

If not, the game will not be enjoyable any more. believe me

Cheers bro. It's not the lost game, I have already lost games, it's how I lost it and then the evidence that everything is against me, some of my key players don't wanna play well, they get injured, own goals, penalties, lots of weird coincidence during these games. The same things won't happen in the reality. It's just disappointing to realize I am not in full control, but there is the glitch that controls some of the matches.

Obviously, sooner or later I would also win that game but my point is that the game lost its realistic face as the glitch switches itself on. No matter what tactic I use when my opponent is not stronger, I should not lose the game 10 times even with my U19 team, if you understand what I mean. This is not rocket science where you need to experiment much. As I wrote before, not the result but the strange things that happened during the games make me disappointed. Same game, same injuries, own goals, lots of missed on target etc. The opponent scored counter attack against me when on defensive, drop down, 4 defenders and three more midfielders on defending duty. This makes the game unenjoyable at this point if you understand what I mean. I will not quit and carry on playing the season, however, I have lost a bit of interest.

Just wanted to share this, that now I know there are unwinnable games. I manage FC Lens, League 2, leading the table. Arch enemy, Le Mans, coming for the next game. Approaching the end of the season, lost only 2 games, team plays convincingly. And now we got to the game I lost 2 -0, some players played abysmal (never seen before), made numerous mistakes, got a person sent off with easy tackles set, eventually got ****** off, so I played the game again. Exactly the same things happened. Then quit and played the game again, same again. Conceded goals in the first ten minutes, even when I had 4 defenders and three defensive midfielders. Changed tactics, same again. After ten times I had given up, accepted the unacceptable. 10 games against a team that is not any better than mine. Its players have similar attributes, and they play a simple 4-4-2 without anything special. I have tried 4 different tactics, all of them are tactics from this website, familiarity was always excellent, and I could score 4 (!!!!!!) goals during these 10 games, conceded over 20. There were games when I had more possessions, or when I had more shots and shots on target, still lost. Conceded own goal(s) - never had before - , penalties - rarely had - , hit the post numerous times. There was no chance even to achieve a draw. I know this is a game, but this should not be happening. There is one positive outcome of this case, I will play less, as I don't see that much fun anymore. The game will eventually decide no matter what tactic I use.
If anybody has any idea why this happens I will be grateful.

Yes I agreed with you, I tried once that I draw a match, everytimes I tried the match to win whether I have one man advantage of the match(the opponent got red card) , in the end it was still a draw 1-1, 2-2, 3-3. I have no idea :S Another thing that bother me is that my team shot 10 times and still no goal, but the opponent shot only once and there a goal.

I've experienced the same.

I'm into my seventh season managing Norwich and I've had them in the top 6 or 7 for the last four seasons. I easily hold my own against Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc but not Arsenal. I'd played them 16 times (12 in the league, twice in the league cup, once in the FA Cup and once in the community shield) and I had a record of 0-1-15, scored five and conceeded 50. The draw came in the second leg of the League cup semi-final after I was already 4-0 down and they fielded their reserves.

I arrive at the 17th meeting and I have a record of 5-1-1 in the league, scoring 13 and letting in three, while Arsenal are 1-3-2 scoring five and conceeding eight. Withing 15 minutes of kick off, Arsenal are winning 3-0, by the time they are 6-0 up with ten minutes to go I quit out of frustration. I replayed the game and each time I did Arsenal scored at least four, after 13 attempts I finally managed to get a 3-3 draw. Went on holiday for the return fixture and finally, after 18 attempts, I beat them.

In a seperate game I have going I'm managing Lincoln. Three seasons in and I've played Wrexham five times. I haven't even scored against them yet, while they've scored 12 goals. Needless to say I'll be on holiday for the league game later in the season.

Whether this is a glitch, whether each team has a pre-programmed 'bogey' team that they'll always struggle against, whether its just sheer bad luck it does happen. I still play and love the game and all I do now is do on holiday whenever I have a fixture against Arsenal or Wrexham and accept that I'm going to lose.

Last edited:
that's not true...I had many weaker teams against bigger teams, for example in CL and I managed to do draw or win....so keep on trying and be tough with the teamspeak :)

I used to believe the game was scripted too, I used to think it was biased towards Chelsea.
Fact is it's not scripted, when I went two seasons in a row undefeated from 1st season against my friend who was Chelsea it put an end to that myth for me personally. (it wasn't on fm13 obviously! Lol)

Especially the relegation zone teams will beat the **** you like a U 15 teams but they lost big time before you and they will continue to lose after you. You will be like "why me ?" LOL :p