timmsy123

Reaction score
On my Barca save in 2nd season, Xavi is 31 and I interacted with him saying he'd make an excellent coach when he hangs up his boots. He responded by saying 'I can start right away if you like'. Should I say yes or should I tell him to concentrate on playing for now? Would making him a player coach at 31 have a detrimental effect on his playing performance?​

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Thanks for all the help... :S

bump.

Last edited:
I did the same thing with paulo ferreira. His player stats didn't seem to be affected. I think the sooner they start, the better? What I am wondering is if great players make better coaches then not so good players. And if you can know in advance if they are going to be good coaches,scouts,...

did it with scholes and giggs, they made good coaches 4*+ in 1-2 areas, about to try with hargreaves :). Giggs is the best :p

Did it with Sol Campbell and he turned into a 3.5* defensive coach, only real use for him since he's so injury prone for me. Oh and every month he slacks off in training.

Say yes, staff attributes show up. They will become a player/coach when you offer them such a contract.
I've done it in the past with Shevchenko,Ballack and Van der Sar