Player Comparisons - FM09 to FM10

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
-The Player Comparison Thread-
by FourFourTwo

Dear Fellow Managers,

We all know, there have been numerous changes from what seems like, a very old FM09 to the new polished manager simulation, as we know it, FM10. Some of these changes include staff meetings, new layouts, brilliant database changes, all new match experiences and of course, Jorge Andrade on a free! ^^) But you may have noticed, all these changes seem for the better. But have any of you took the time to check the changes that have made the game a lot more difficult and stressful? I'm talking about player and attributes. changes my friends. You may have downloaded the demo a week ago, picked a really succesful team, searched for your usually buys from FM09 and released, wow. Did these players really make it into my first team last year!? Well this thread is here to highlight the somewhat hidden and somewhat blaitent changes to the player attributes.

Okay, i peeked into a few databases from both FM09 and FM10 to find some players that have been robbed of there attributes in the game. Some of these you probably would have noticed, and some well maybe may suprise you. Heres some screenshots followed by explanations:​

Pavel Pogrebynyak
FM09
picture.php

View image in gallery

FM10

As you can see, this FM09 goalmachine has become nothing more than a rip-off the next year! Pogrebynyak (yes, i learnt to spell his name because i'm cool), is known in the FM community to be a highly rated striker in the 2009 version. He is usaully an excellent target man and i always partner him with Cardozo with any team in FM09. But i have never signed him in 2010.​

Main Attribute Changes:
Finishing -3
Marking -5
Tackling -8

Bravery -4

Composure +1 8-|

Miguel Veloso
FM09

picture.php

FM10

picture.php

One of the best players in terms of Attributes in FM09, still a decent player in FM10 none-the-less but his stats and attributes just aren't as juicy as they were in last years. I haven't yet purchased Miguel Veloso in this years, although he was pretty much an indespisable player in my 2009 saves. Many of his stats have only decreased only slightly. The colour change of the attributes at a glance, changes your view almost instantly upon this player.​

Positioning -1
First Touch -1
Crossing -1
Strange Hair Cut +1

Wayne Bridge
FM09

picture.php

FM10

picture.php

Bridge has many attributes changes from last years to this. All of which, are bad. Bridge is now at Manchester City. I always rated him better than Ashley Cole as Chelsea when i used to go and see Wayne Bridge play and Ashley Cole play some games when he was first sign. But like Wayne Bridge, i now support Manchester City.

First Touch -2
Anticipation -2
Agility -3
Stamina -2
Nothing +!?

Darijo Srna
FM09​

picture.php

FM10​

picture.php

For many, one of the best players in Football Manager 2009. Usauly purchased by Manchester City or Chelsea for around about £20-30 Million. Yet again, ANOTHER player on this list that i have not purchased for FM10 due to his stat changes. No big teams buy him either...

Techinique -2
Marking -3! HE'S A RIGHT BACK FOR MY OLD TEAM! oO)
First Touch -1
Crossing -1
Influence +1

Yury Zhirkov
FM09​

picture.php

FM10​

picture.php

Zhirkov is not only one of the best players in real life, but he also is in-game. Although, he doesn't get on the first team in real life or in-game.. Talk about over-realism...
His stats are almost perfect for an attacking wingman. But what i still haven't worked out is why the Chelsea team are programmed to play the 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond tactic. Although they do in real life, they do not, by no means play as narrow as it is programmed. They play the 4-1-2-1-2 with the 2 mide-men.. Anyway.. Heres Zhirkovs attribute changes...

Dribbling -2
Marking -4! Whats happening to these possible wing-backs ay? oO)
Composure -4!
JUMPING -7!
Technique -3
Over 8x His FM10 Wages +8

Thats all the screen-shots i can find tonight. I may upload more as the thread goes on... Sorry for the bad quality croping and blurry screen prints.. This is my first thread. (H)

All forum rules apply.
Thanks for reading.
Please take the time to comment what you think about these changes and any major changes you have found also, i'm sure i have missed some blaintent ones also.

Thanks,
FourFourTwo. (New member to this website)

Si have been lazy with the stats this year look at Walcott he went from **** to ***** since last year

Lols for Zhirkov and Srnas stats... They 2 off the best players on all my saves on 09...

Last edited:
look at Walcott he went from **** to ***** since last year

Yes, i agree. But Walcott has everytime outperformed his stats in this game, from what i've seen. Same with Jonas. But yeah.. S.I really should stop boasting about their huge database and improve the things inside it. (H)

Lols for Zhirkov and Srnas... They stats 2 off the best players on all my saves on 09...

They are the best players in the game by far. But they are becoming worse as you can see :(

Srna was overrated and I havent seen much of Zhirkov but he looks great on youtube :p

Other players that got downgraded considerably from last year
1. Ashley Young
2. Aquilani
3. Vermaelen (SI shall never be forgiven for such a crime:mad:)
4. Tevez (never did see the hype over him)
5. Dani Alvez
6. Maxwell (still a very good left back but last year in my opinion he was the best left back)
7. Kranjcar :)()
8. Marquez
9. Matias Fernandez
10. Nihat
11. Flamini (probably biggest downgrade out of anyone on the list)
12. Vucinic

and last but not least

...Vagner Love :D

bridge is **** on this game, went out and spent like 15m on a left back cant remember who though

Every player's stats had been downgraded, except a few. Anton Ferdinand looks decent in FM09, but he looks like a total **** now. I thought he's playing really well in real life! Aquilani's stats doesn't cut it for a top-four team, Obertan's playing with so much flair in real life but they choose to decrease his flair, Skjelbred looks like a shadow of his former self, Marquinhos isn't even remotely close to what he was in FM09, Laurito's stats and potential decreased dramatically, Dzagoev turns from a world beater into a good player (man he had scored 3 goals in CL already this season, and few assists, I don't get the huge downgrade on him). Vagner Love isn't as good as he was, finally SI did something right. Peter Crouch suddenly became one of the best strikers in the game O_O, and worst of all, no good right-backs in the game.

Every player's stats had been downgraded, except a few. Anton Ferdinand looks decent in FM09, but he looks like a total **** now. I thought he's playing really well in real life! Aquilani's stats doesn't cut it for a top-four team, Obertan's playing with so much flair in real life but they choose to decrease his flair, Skjelbred looks like a shadow of his former self, Marquinhos isn't even remotely close to what he was in FM09, Laurito's stats and potential decreased dramatically, Dzagoev turns from a world beater into a good player (man he had scored 3 goals in CL already this season, and few assists, I don't get the huge downgrade on him). Vagner Love isn't as good as he was, finally SI did something right. Peter Crouch suddenly became one of the best strikers in the game O_O, and worst of all, no good right-backs in the game.

Maicon, Alves and Sagna are still good and Srna although downgraded is still a solid right back worth buying.

Other players that got downgraded considerably from last year
11. Flamini (probably biggest downgrade out of anyone on the list)

and last but not least

...Vagner Love :D

Haha, yes. Both of these players have been downgraded like mad!
Juan Manuel Vargas isn't as good as last year either :/

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I completely agree with all of these. I would actually say Crouch is worth the price tag! :'(
Also, your comment about the right backs. I could not agree more. I'm with QPR at the moment, well known for a terrible defence and a brilliant midfield. I need to get players! I could not even get Jorge Andrade :( I will jump on any free transfers released after this year :p
Thanks for the comment :)

you say QPR defence is bad, i only bought shorey and played,

conolly, hall and ramage with him, also played kasper G quite a lot, solid so far

you say QPR defence is bad, i only bought shorey and played,

conolly, hall and ramage with him, also played kasper G quite a lot, solid so far

With my budget, i turned it all into wages and signed some free's also brough Harewood for a bargain of 775k, he has already come big when needed. I also brough Billy Jones, who will adapt into a good player over time, but these wing backs haven't made a single tackle... 12 games into the season..

Aquilani stats have gone down ridiculously, bias towards liverpool :p

I think just cos Vagner Love has chosen to go back to Brazil they have downgraded his stats?
There are some very,very curious decisions been made by SI this year but i'm sure that in further patches a lot of glitches will be ironed out!

Yea not to mention a lot of people were having complaints about players like Love, Srna etc players no one has heard of yet have worldclass stats. Maybe SI did a lot of these downgrades to reduce the amount of players with class stats.

Yeah. So many amazing players have been downgraded. I mean, the wonderkids have all been swept away. You would never sign Marquinhos or Nilmar again!

There are far fewer world class players this time round, and virtually none which are available for a reasonable price. Being Arsenal is much tougher this time round; the players have much less ability, less potential and Vermaelen is worse even than when he was at Ajax. This is all exacerbated by the fact that there aren't any really world class defenders or 'keepers they can afford.