NoGoals

Reaction score
While playing as manager of Grimsby in the Conference North, I agreed to sign 3 players who were transfer listed at other clubs, with bids of £0 accepted for each.

I agreed contracts for each for between £600 - £850 p/w for the three players. When their contracts with me commenced at the end of the season, their wages were greater than what had been agreed, between £950 - £1,300, way more than they are worth or were offered.

I was really enjoying working with a tight budget, but this error sent me over the wage limit set and ruined my save.

Not sure if this is where I should be posting, but any response would be appreciated. I'd also love direction as to where to ask for my money back, as this error makes the game unfit for purpose IMO.

What likely has happened is that they had either a promotion pay rise and you were promoted or they had a yearly pay rise %. Either one is not a bug.

What likely has happened is that they had either a promotion pay rise and you were promoted or they had a yearly pay rise %. Either one is not a bug.

I've heard of this with bigger clubs, I saw a guy who had half his Chelski teams on 250k per week (highlights were Hazard and Falcao who were both on 400k+)

Sorry, but no. They had no yearly pay rise in their contracts. I was in the same division as previous year so promotion pay rise not applicable.

If anyone has bothered to read this far, I have ascertained that it's deffo a bug, and only happens when you agree terms with a contracted player outside the transfer window (the window in the Conference was only closed for a couple of months of the year). I was able to scroll back to a point where I had only agreed to sign one of the players, when I waited until the window was open to agree terms with them they were on the contracts agreed. Was trying to do a screenshot but couldn't find where 'twas saving to. I am over my fit of pique but that save is ruined for me and it is definitely a bug, where could I report it?

Just a suggestion but are you completely sure they didn't have the "After X amount of games, wages are..." clause. My youth players always try and sneak that into their contract haha.

No mate, they were on 50% more than agreed (and status erroneously set to 'Backup to the First Team') the moment their contracts commenced when the transfer window opened. Cheers for the suggestions anyhow :).