Solratti

Reaction score
I did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything relevant. (If i missed something and you know it please refer me to it)

I've been wondering what's the best way to develop a young player. I make my own training schemes and they seem to work quite effectively. But my question is whether it's best for a player aged 17 to 20 to train with my Under 19s team and my training scheme or to be loaned out. I know it would be ideal for them to play on my first team and train but due to a full roster they only get to play a few and of minor importance games.
Also when a player is loaned out does he still use my training scheme or does he get another one from his new team?

get someone in your team to tutor the young player and rotate him regularly in your 1st team as well (eg. substitute). on my game, i play verrati at the age of 16 regularly, sometimes as a sub or 1st 11 and he's improved tremendously

I did a search on the forums and couldn't find anything relevant. (If i missed something and you know it please refer me to it)

I've been wondering what's the best way to develop a young player. I make my own training schemes and they seem to work quite effectively. But my question is whether it's best for a player aged 17 to 20 to train with my Under 19s team and my training scheme or to be loaned out. I know it would be ideal for them to play on my first team and train but due to a full roster they only get to play a few and of minor importance games.
Also when a player is loaned out does he still use my training scheme or does he get another one from his new team?
The best and quickest way to develop a young player you know is going to be good is to simply play them regularly in the first team.

The best and quickest way to develop a young player you know is going to be good is to simply play them regularly in the first team.
I agree but even then the player's stats may not be what you thought.
I seem to always find playing various games that, a wonderkid is much more likely to become a world class player if you don't sign him and let one of the other big teams snap him up. One of my huge pet hates of this game.

Nice input everyone. I guess tutoring and rotation is best but being in Spain i have to register 25 players over 19. Loaning out, even when he gets 25+ first team appearances seems not enough.

sub him into every game you can even if he is on for 1 minute, this will does wonders, beleive me!!
or sell him out and have a small buy back clause after a season or 2 when he has played 2 full seasons at a smaller but good club