MonagHusker

Reaction score
Being from the US, I am more familiar with teams trading "assets" (draft picks, players on contract, etc.). There is a player exchange option in FM, but I am having trouble getting it to work. I can get the other team to accept the deal, but it falls through when the team is unable to work out a contract with the player I was exchanging.

Has anyone tried this? Is there a secret to getting it to work?

Not really. Just have to keep trying until you get a combination where the other club accepts and the players involved accept. Its pretty tough and happens pretty rarely in real life. Most commonly within the same league. Trying to do an exchange across leagues gets really dicey.

Not really. Just have to keep trying until you get a combination where the other club accepts and the players involved accept. Its pretty tough and happens pretty rarely in real life. Most commonly within the same league. Trying to do an exchange across leagues gets really dicey.

Thanks! I may try and change my approach a bit.

Being from the US, I am more familiar with teams trading "assets" (draft picks, players on contract, etc.). There is a player exchange option in FM, but I am having trouble getting it to work. I can get the other team to accept the deal, but it falls through when the team is unable to work out a contract with the player I was exchanging.

Has anyone tried this? Is there a secret to getting it to work?

i have successfully exchanged few players, albeit some with some cash invovled from my side. The bigger the team the easier higher the chance, since they would be able to meet the demand of the players. Also, think about what might appeal to the opposing tem, usually young good players. I am playing as Torino, and I just got Kimmich from Bayern for Zappacosta.

it usually works best when a club is already interested in the player you want to exchange. I've got some good deals this way. the down side to it is you have to pick a player from the clubs squad that is interested in the player you want to exchange from your club. this limits the options you are available to buy this way, but perfect if the club has a player you want to buy

i have successfully exchanged few players, albeit some with some cash invovled from my side. The bigger the team the easier higher the chance, since they would be able to meet the demand of the players. Also, think about what might appeal to the opposing tem, usually young good players. I am playing as Torino, and I just got Kimmich from Bayern for Zappacosta.

Thank you! I didn't consider the overall wealth of the exchanging team. I bet I was getting top players on lower teams and trying to mitigate my own costs by exchanging an older player. That player was being paid well by me, and likely couldn't be supported at a lower level.

it usually works best when a club is already interested in the player you want to exchange. I've got some good deals this way. the down side to it is you have to pick a player from the clubs squad that is interested in the player you want to exchange from your club. this limits the options you are available to buy this way, but perfect if the club has a player you want to buy
Good suggestion. I may play around with it the next time I receive an offer for one of my players.