preng001

Reaction score
I was just wondering whether or not a player can get taller as he gets older because I have never noticed a player doing so. I have this regen who is potentially a world class right back but the only problem is that he is "5,4" and I would like him to be taller. He is only 17 so I was wondering if he is likely to grow in the next few years? Could someone shed some light on the issue please...

I'm sure I read somewhere that the "jumping" attribute actually takes height AND jump skill into consideration, so the actual "height" number becomes irrelevant as long as "jumping" increases.

I was just wondering whether or not a player can get taller as he gets older because I have never noticed a player doing so. I have this regen who is potentially a world class right back but the only problem is that he is "5,4" and I would like him to be taller. He is only 17 so I was wondering if he is likely to grow in the next few years? Could someone shed some light on the issue please...
I have always wondered about that myself.That and weight.

I have never checked but I assume there must be some calculation in the program as I just checked upon reading this who my tallest youth player was: he was a 5"7 CB

They naturally grow, doubt 'jumping' has anything to do with it because that only determines the 'jumping' attribute.

you could do a 'go on holiday' experiment and keep an eye on him.

i have some 9 stone players in my youth team he must be getting heavier evuntally :/

I actually got really 'heighest' about this in FM10, I wouldn't buy a centre back if they were under 186cm tall. I don't think it does have any effect how good they are, but just incase, it can only be a good thing to have tall players... I'm 6 foot 3 so I'm always going to stick up for tall guys!

I actually got really 'heighest' about this in FM10, I wouldn't buy a centre back if they were under 186cm tall. I don't think it does have any effect how good they are, but just incase, it can only be a good thing to have tall players... I'm 6 foot 3 so I'm always going to stick up for tall guys!

Well, we are the best.

I make sure that my stopper defender is always a big beast so he can win all of the aerial balls but I am ok with having a 'cover' centreback who is a little shorter, but I don't think I would ever go for a centreback who is any shorter than about 6 foot dead.

Well, we are the best.

I make sure that my stopper defender is always a big beast so he can win all of the aerial balls but I am ok with having a 'cover' centreback who is a little shorter, but I don't think I would ever go for a centreback who is any shorter than about 6 foot dead.

You wouldn't buy Otamendi if he was offered to you on a free? ;)

Yes they can grow. 1 of my Homegrown players grew about 4 inches from 16 to 20. And his weight also went up as expected :)

Yes they do grow. Not in all cases, but some do.

Especially depends on their age, once they hit 18, they are just about done growing as in real life

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Yes they do grow. Not in all cases, but some do.

Especially depends on their age, once they hit 18, they are just about done growing as in real life