dhurley

Reaction score
Basically i have this player i don't want to waste. im just wondering where i should play him. i dont play with AMC so its either strike or CM.

View attachment 366930

This is the tactic im using. the striker is more of a Complete forward and the CMs are Box to Box

View attachment 366931

Retrain him and play him as a CM ( by position) for a year, and in the role of a Ballwinner( by role) for 2 years .This way, he will focus more on the stast he actually lacks to be a Box 2 Box. Wen he is 20, just train him as a Box 2 Box or in any stat he has a major weakness in.

If is not up for it by the age of 21, I would sell him.

I say this becaue I am cetain you will find a better newgen to playin the FC role within a year and then you will regret not making him a CM :)

Retrain him and play him as a CM ( by position) for a year, and in the role of a Ballwinner( by role) for 2 years .This way, he will focus more on the stast he actually lacks to be a Box 2 Box. Wen he is 20, just train him as a Box 2 Box or in any stat he has a major weakness in.

If is not up for it by the age of 21, I would sell him.

sounds like a good idea, i already have a good striker who looks like he will turn out good
View attachment 366956

I say this becaue I am cetain you will find a better newgen to playin the FC role within a year and then you will regret not making him a CM :)

Also when your talking about the " ballwinner" do you mean train him for that role or play him in that role.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also when your talking about the " ballwinner" do you mean train him for that role or play him in that role

Train him, so he focus on the stats he really lacks for being a complete MC ( B2B). How you play him has no effect at all on what stats he develops

Last edited:
Just needs too much work for me to make him viable in a box to box role.

Marking, Bravery, Positioning, Strength would all need a lot of improving.
Tackling, heading, Anticipation, Acceleration again all need a fair bit of improving too.
Long shots are a bit low although can be worked around but with high flair it could still be an issue.

Playing him as a CF on the other hand you just focus on his Heading, Technique, Anticipation and Composure, rest will all improve as you do those anyway instead of having to jump between roles for years.

I think his Flair( trying to do the unexpected) - Creativity ( what options he comes up with) - Technique( what he actually can do) and Decision ( his ability to evaluate when to do what) is his major strengths. If you can get his Defensive Stats ( those of a Ballwinner that he needs to be a B2B) up for the coming years, then you might have one of the best B2B your team can get. A stat of 8-10can easily become 14-16 som dont worry. That is if he has the Potential Ability to actually get better....

The box to box midfielder training schedule looks to improve 16(!) attributes so it may be advantageous to split up the training for this player role for the youngest players in your squad. To develop a good box to box midfielder it's recommended to assign the player on the defensive midfielder schedule first, to improve his work rate, stamina and strength in additional to acceleration and positioning. Then you can choose to assign the player to attacking midfielder to improve his creativity, first touch and flair depending on his level of player attributes required for this player role.

This should help you to understand, how to train allround midfielder(box2box).