SebastianRO

Reaction score
Hello friends, i have a question for you regarding individual training. I've been playing a lot of FM15 for 2 years basically because I hated FM16's match engine. In FM15 I could set Individual Training Focus for each player and Focus Intensity. Focus Intensity was a very big deal to me, since I always made sure it's on Heavy for each player (except for those who just came back from injuries, etc). I had the Team Training on Average Intensity and Individual Intensity on High. In FM16 the developers removed the Individual Intensity and you can no longer chose between Light / Normal / Heavy. I didnt care much about this because I gave up on FM16 very fast and went back on FM15. Now, I purchased FM17 and I love it, so I would like to know if there is a way to increase individual training workload for a player. If I set the General Training Intensity to Average (like I used to in FM15) and then set Individual Focus for a player, the total workload will be Medium, not Heavy (like I want it to be). Thank you. I appreciate any help regarding this.

Hello friends, i have a question for you regarding individual training. I've been playing a lot of FM15 for 2 years basically because I hated FM16's match engine. In FM15 I could set Individual Training Focus for each player and Focus Intensity. Focus Intensity was a very big deal to me, since I always made sure it's on Heavy for each player (except for those who just came back from injuries, etc). I had the Team Training on Average Intensity and Individual Intensity on High. In FM16 the developers removed the Individual Intensity and you can no longer chose between Light / Normal / Heavy. I didnt care much about this because I gave up on FM16 very fast and went back on FM15. Now, I purchased FM17 and I love it, so I would like to know if there is a way to increase individual training workload for a player. If I set the General Training Intensity to Average (like I used to in FM15) and then set Individual Focus for a player, the total workload will be Medium, not Heavy (like I want it to be). Thank you. I appreciate any help regarding this.

Ummm well from what I remember if you give a player an extra focus, say - striker to concentrate on finishing, then it will go up to heavy. Don't think you can do general increase though.

So maybe figuring out what you want the player to focus on one by one may work, though I find the players get annoyed when you give them an extra thing to concentrate on

@Average Joe

Well, thats the thing: If I give a striker an extra focus (like Finishing), his total training workload won't go up to Heavy. It will just stay on Medium.

@Average Joe

Well, thats the thing: If I give a striker an extra focus (like Finishing), his total training workload won't go up to Heavy. It will just stay on Medium.

Sorry mate didn't read the post correctly!

In some ways this is a good thing as like I said, the player usually gets annoyed at having heavy training so at least now he should be happy enough

@Average Joe

Prior to FM16, the key for success at developing players (at least for me) was an Average Intensity (at Team General Training) + a Heavy Workload for Individual Training. The result was a Heavy Workload overall. What you are saying is that starting with FM16, the Medium Workload overall is the way to go. Am I correct ?

@Average Joe

Prior to FM16, the key for success at developing players (at least for me) was an Average Intensity (at Team General Training) + a Heavy Workload for Individual Training. The result was a Heavy Workload overall. What you are saying is that starting with FM16, the Medium Workload overall is the way to go. Am I correct ?

Well I've always been ok with average intensity (I usually go heavy through pre season).

I think the main factor is the facilities and more so the coaches. Try and have as many coaches as you can get and go to coach overview and assign them to their strengths (e.g coach has 18 in defending, set him to train defense etc).

Look at the bottom of the overview on coaches and try to have 'light' for each category. This means each coach can give their full attention to the role assigned. If it's heavy then they are trying to cover too much. Keep in mind the amount of players you have affects this. One year I had like 20 coaches but couldn't get it to light. Then I realised I had way too many youth players who had very little potential, I got rid of them and it suddenly reduced the coach work load so they could focus on players who could actually become good players.

Use individual training to try and tweak a player really

Last edited:
@Average Joe

I am familiar with coaches / coach workload, etc. I am kind of a FM fanatic who likes to micro-manage every aspect of the game. I wasn't sure how to deal with the "new" individual training panels, but thanks for making some light. This is the one area where FM needs serious revamping. They added so so many new and great features in FM17, but the individual training is so shait, really. It was much better in FM10 - FM15. I dont know why they stripped off this section of the game, since I believe it's one of the most important for a football manager, but hey ... maybe next year. Thank you Average Joe for the replies and have a nice day.

@Average Joe

I am familiar with coaches / coach workload, etc. I am kind of a FM fanatic who likes to micro-manage every aspect of the game. I wasn't sure how to deal with the "new" individual training panels, but thanks for making some light. This is the one area where FM needs serious revamping. They added so so many new and great features in FM17, but the individual training is so shait, really. It was much better in FM10 - FM15. I dont know why they stripped off this section of the game, since I believe it's one of the most important for a football manager, but hey ... maybe next year. Thank you Average Joe for the replies and have a nice day.

Out of interest are you using Milan? Saw your profile pic!

I do miss some of the things in training from past games

@Average Joe

I am using my favorite club from Germany, Schalke 04. I will play with Schalke for a 3-4 seasons, then I will start a new career at West Bromwich Albion (my fav English club) for a few season. After I will master this edition of the game, I will start at my beloved Milan for a long term save.