LampardsLegs

Reaction score
Hi guys. Long time reader, rare poster, was wondering if anyone could give me some help.

I'm still coming to terms with the advanced tactical aspects of the game. Recently I noticed before a game that my opposition were playing a young, inexperienced defender against one of my vastly more experienced attacking players. Is there any way I could instruct said player to specifically target that specific defender? How would I go about this. For example a tricky winger against a full back in bad form? Or perhaps a beast of a striker against a pacey but physically weak defender?

Any help much appreciated,

Grazie.

I'm not too fluent with them, but if I was in this situation I would try and pressure the opponents as much as possible, and maybe try and run at them as often as you can. You could even use shouts to do this.

Regarding exploiting a poor fullback you could focus the play down that side by selecting it on the 'focus passing' tab. Also you could maybe make your winger the target man for the team so he will receive the ball more often. Regarding a pacey but weak defender you could set passing to your striker's feet/head and order him to hold the ball up. This will be better than playing through balls to him if the CB is very quick. Maybe getting more crosses in to your ST. There isn't 'that' much else you can do, apart from adding some shouts. This could be something SI improve for the next game. Better player instructions and targeting opponent players. :)