Player Intends To Leave At End of Contract

snoop996

Reaction score
I have developed a wonder kid over 3 seasons, he is now 19, Im Newcastle, just won the Champions League about 6 seasons in now. A side offered for him but I said no. Now because of this he has turned around and said that he wants to leave at the end of his contract. Is there a way to convince him to stay or change this status?

I have tried playing him more and tried to offer a new contract but it wont allow me to.

On his player status, does it have a "Ft" icon which when you hover over it says he is leaving at the end of his contract? Or is it just whenever you offer him a new contract his agent won't even talk to you?

If it's the first, there is nothing you can do. If it is the second, he might change his mind.

Very similar happened to me on my Cardiff save, in the 2nd season (I got promoted in first), Newcastle made an offer for Mutch, which I rejected. He said he wanted to leave, and wouldn't talk to me in player interaction or listen to contract offers.

But I just stuck him in the reserves, and near the end of the season he changed his mind, apologised and said he wanted to stay, and signed a new contract! :D

He has the Leaving a on a Free Transfer Icon, It also says in his transfer status that he is leaving a on a free. He is in the last year of his deal, I am 4 games in however he does have a wage rise after his next 8 league games. Wondering if this will affect it?

Think I have a chance of keeping him? Or will he accept contract offers come Jan?

Well, if he gets the wage boost and still decides to leave, at least his new club will end up paying him more.
I had a "me-gen" .dbc player that finally outgrew me and the club, and he's continued to move up all the way to the EPL, and it seems like he's complaining about wanting to leave his club almost every year. I'm actually kind of glad I got rid of him, because he's worth $17 million, eats a large amount of salary, and always seems to be nursing an injury, in addition to the complaining.

As much as it would be nice to keep him, it sounds to me he's as good as gone. In the long run, it could be a good thing though. Personally, I have very little time for players who have character issues, and it sounds like this kid does too. If he's going to keep causing issues, let him walk and go be a nuisance elsewhere.

He has the Leaving a on a Free Transfer Icon, It also says in his transfer status that he is leaving a on a free. He is in the last year of his deal, I am 4 games in however he does have a wage rise after his next 8 league games. Wondering if this will affect it?

Think I have a chance of keeping him? Or will he accept contract offers come Jan?

IF he has the Leaving on a Free Transfer Icon, there is nothing you can do. He will never listen to contract offers, even if you were to win every trophy imaginable this season. However, I have someone's DoF renew Llorente's contract, which your not meant to be able to do. But they may of used the editor.

P.S. on a side note, I think the leaving on a free transfer thing should be scrapped, as it is unrealistic. For example, in real life Llorente said he was leaving on a free and the game had him with it. But in real life, if Bilbao were top of the league before he agreed a move to Juventus, he would almost definitely of changed his mind.