jamielong951

Reaction score
Hi,

I have placed one of my players Kevin Austin on the transfer list, and status set to not needed as hes been playing and **** and literally isnt needed.

Another player I regard well comes to me to chat saying that he is unhappy. So I start the chat and it turns out he is concerned as he 'dislikes kevin austin'. Considering that im hoping I can get rid of Kevin I thought this would be a rather easy one to handle. However...

I cant just tell this guy straight away 'yes i dislike him too and i am trying to sell him' etc.. the nearest thing was:

'im aware of the problem, and i'll probably be selling him sooner rather than later'

so my guy comes back and says

'i dont believe you will keep your word' and storms out. Now I cant chat to him and on his profile he is now unhappy, and has a poor opinion of me.

What a joke!!

There was no way out of this without causing upset when there doesnt need to be... I think player interaction has spoilt FM11.

SI shot themselves in the foot with this... the result of player interactions are random and thus based on pure luck. I doubt that was intended this way,,,

SI shot themselves in the foot with this... the result of player interactions are random and thus based on pure luck. I doubt that was intended this way,,,

Surely not true. It's based on how you treat them and their own personality.

This is what happened to me with Bryan Ruiz!
He said he didn't like Frey, so I said I would offload him but he wouldn't have it!!!???
Still it should be posted here: Post your frustrations thread!

Surely not true. It's based on how you treat them and their own personality.

not it's not based on any of that, I've tested it, saved before a chat with a player to try it out... had exactly the same approach with the player, on first try he got unhappy on 2nd try he was happy. Thus proving it's random

I hope they sort it out in the patch, It's got to a point where I ignore any contact with my players at risk of ******* them off.

sometimes that happens, I always like to praise my players, especially youngsters, and they say they underachieved :S

Yeah its very annoying.

Plus - ignoring all private chat is not good either. It decreases your stats and that bar that shows how much you interact with players etc...

Its a right pain. Ive lost 1 good player to it now, and nearly another (luckily he accepted a new contract offer from me) which restored his happiness.

yeah i agree, seems like theres quite a lot needs fixing in next patch
will it get fixed though?

One of the problems is that they don't take future events into consideration.
I had player A say he disliked player B and I told him that I would offload him,and he said he hoped that I would keep my promise.
Then player B's contract was about to expire in 6 months and someone offered him a contract and he agreed.
Player A was still unhappy and said I didn't keep my promise...
Ended up having to terminate player B's contact for player A to shut it

My most annoying one is, "you played well last game"

Then they tear your head off....

But in most occasions it looks like getting heated, I say I'm the manager and don't appreciate being spoken too like that, and 9/10 times, they'll apologies. This works quite well if they ask to move to a bigger club and you say you want to keep them.

I find the options you can say are too limited too, which makes it even harder to say the right thing that you want to say.

Exactly! Its too limited, so the obvious answer you would give is not always right. Plus there is a certain amount of randomness.You never know how the player will respond, and I dont think it can be judged.

Hi,

I have placed one of my players Kevin Austin on the transfer list, and status set to not needed as hes been playing and **** and literally isnt needed.

Another player I regard well comes to me to chat saying that he is unhappy. So I start the chat and it turns out he is concerned as he 'dislikes kevin austin'. Considering that im hoping I can get rid of Kevin I thought this would be a rather easy one to handle. However...

I cant just tell this guy straight away 'yes i dislike him too and i am trying to sell him' etc.. the nearest thing was:

'im aware of the problem, and i'll probably be selling him sooner rather than later'

so my guy comes back and says

'i dont believe you will keep your word' and storms out. Now I cant chat to him and on his profile he is now unhappy, and has a poor opinion of me.

What a joke!!

There was no way out of this without causing upset when there doesnt need to be... I think player interaction has spoilt FM11.

I had this with TWO of my prospects in my Sampdoria challenge save, I'd TFL'd a player because he was **** and really wasn't needed and within a few weeks both of my future stars had been in saying they didn't get on with him and what was I going to do about it...

needless to say they both requested a transfer...

I think the bug is relative to the player you transfer-list... i.e. if he has played in the first team or not because I've transfer-listed players that haven't played in the first-team without incident *shrugs*