Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Player Leaving On Bossman Ruling - Anything I Can Do?

Reaction score
My player decided he wants to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, is there anything i can do to persuade him... ive tried talking to him, praising him etc.

Jak

Reaction score
be successful and hopefully he will want to stay. Maybe try offering him a lucrative new contract?

Reaction score
He wont even let me offer him a new contract -.-

Jak

Reaction score
well then be successful and hope he sees you as a good club and wants to stay. Not really much you can do tbh. Shouldn't have let him get down to 1 year on his contract ;)

Reaction score
I think you have no choice but to get a replacement for him...

Reaction score
I don't think you can change his mind, better find a replacement.

Reaction score
see if you can sell him off by offering him to clubs, at least you may get some money for him that way. But other than that he is pretty much gone for free.

Reaction score
Yup, nothing you can do but learn a lesson from it. Valuable players? Resign them when there's 2 years left on the contract.

Reaction score
Unfortunately sometimes it happens. Damjanovic decided that he didn't want to sign a new contract two years before his ended, so now I'm forced to watch as one of our absolute best players has his contract slowly run out because he still won't sign another -_- I'm hoping soon he'll see the error of his ways...