Majdar

Reaction score
Hey, I bought Dzeko for 27m and Milevskyi for 22m. For some reason, at the end of my first season, they lost 10m each of value. But they are producing a goal a game... with a rating of 7.5+ overall...

How can they lose millions like that?

the values that you buy them for is their 'fake' value. after some time, it will go back to their actual values and thus, it explains the loss of value

these players are not worth more then 13 and 18 m each?

they probably arent. for example, gago was once sold to me at 4.2m even though his actual value in real madrid was around 6m. his apparent value is 4.2m. after playing him for a season, his value rose to around 7m, which is his actual value.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

dont be too bothered by their values, mate. its the performances that count

It's all about fair value rather than historical costs.

Businesses are required to state their assets at fair value under IFRS ruling...

Players are assets.

You buy for £20m = cost.

Where as their real (Fair) value may be closer to £13m.

In effect, you paid £7m for reputation (goodwill).

i think it has to do with their wages.try increasing their wages m sure their valve will increase.

i just got Milevskyi on a free, yet his value isn't 0. When you buy players that's their set value, but a player's value is what people are willing to pay for him, but it's just a general guideline. Sort of complicated; what you pay for somebody isn't their "real" value, but it's what you shelled out.