Player Loyalty

glen.mack

Reaction score
I always like to do a bit of LLM.

I usually give myself one player with lots of potential, and build a team around him. I do my best to give him a loyal personality, but they ALWAYS seem to get to a point where they want to move to a "bigger club".

In FM 09 I had managed to get to the Euro Cup final by winning the League cup and my star player wanted to leave, I was in D1 though.

Now in FM10, I managed to get to the Championship, by all accounts it looks like I'll get promotion to the Premiership, I'm still in the FA cup, and it looks likely there will be European Football for my team next season as, looking at the teams left in the draw, they'll all be playing in the Champions league via Premiership placings.

My real gripe is that when he says he wants to move to a bigger club, I can either say, yes, no, or I want the club to match his expectations. - This last one, racks me off.

No player has EVER been placated by this, and I would die for an - "If we don't get promoted, (to the best league in the World) I'll let you leave", or a "If there's no competitive European football next season, you can go." I've been with Stalybridge and won the Premiership repeatedly and had Champions League Football every season. STILL they want out. I understand a club like that will never have the reputation of Barca or Man U. But Nottingham Forest GAINED a huge reputation under Clough... not anymore.

I don't think Club rep builds fast enough which is why I can lose players, especially when...

My team is his Favorite team, I am his favorite manager, my team captain has become his favorite player. He's not an ambitious player.

I think SI should either make "I want our club to match your expectations" more effective or give us the option of a manger promise.

Do you agree?