CoolAsh3000

Reaction score
Hi,

My whole team have morale set as poor but when I go on their profile it says they have nothing wrong and are enjoying playing for the club, can that be correct?? My team are on a slightly bad run of form, is that it and how do I make them happy again??

in my experience bad morale for the whole team is to do with form mainly and you just need to get out of that slump your in, make sure players are playing in proper position and if your current tactics worked before go through them with a fine tooth comb and make sure you aint got no sillies. tweak them slightly if you have to. individual morale could be to do with contract transfer status, training and relationships etc

If you're on a bit of a bad run of form then this will affect morale yeh. I have found myself going through a bad run before and you have to watch what you do and say to your players to keep their morale up as high as possible. Some players are more fickle than others as well so you need to watch as one thing may not affect two players in the same way.

If they are having a bad game, I try and keep my team talks positive - depending on who they are playing usually. If they are 1-0 at half time for instance and you're playing the likes of AC Milan and they got rub ragged, then verbally belting them won't help obviously. But if they were playing Exeter then it would be a bit different.

Same as performances - if a player/players have good performances (even if the team lose) praise them in Private Chat because if one of those players you praise has a high attribute in Determination/Influence then this could help with the rest of the squad. How you deal with a player in general can have an effect on morale as well. If you're considered to be overly harsh on a player for some reason and they have squad members that like him then this will rub off on those other players as well hence affecting their morale also.

Morale is affected by so many factors in the game and you can get bashed for being too harsh but you can get bashed for being too soft as well. It's like you have to be tough when you need to be and sometimes the players WILL be unreasonable with their comments and will need to be pulled into line.

It all effects morale and you just have to find the way to manage your team and keep morale as high as possible but without being a dictator or a push-over.

Generally I do this whenever a player isn't at superb morale, however if your team is at poor after the games always interact with players that played well or poorly in the last game. By praising them and disciplining them it raises their morale.

Here's the deal. Your team has ( or is it have ?) low moral rating. I bet its around 10. So, either you can buy them a hooker ( did wonders with Rooney) or try to be less harsh to them, and praise them more. Or download fmrte and click on inspire team.

My hard and fast rule which almost always gets results, is to go into private chat after a game. any player under a 6 gets a bollocking. 8-9 gets a "you impressed me last match"...and above 9 gets an outstanding. You need to take more time out to praise your players in this one as there are so many ways of communicating.

My hard and fast rule which almost always gets results, is to go into private chat after a game. any player under a 6 gets a bollocking. 8-9 gets a "you impressed me last match"...and above 9 gets an outstanding. You need to take more time out to praise your players in this one as there are so many ways of communicating.

You can also praise players at around 7.7 rating. Sometimes you can even praise them at lower and they'll say they thought they played badly and you can say that you still thought they played well or that you look forward to them playing better and you can still get a positive reaction.

It's a pretty powerful tool and really crucial to being successful, would do wonders for situations like OPs.

I do this also, but a bit more varying with their ratings. If they are under a 6 then do they the "will find it hard to stay at the club" option BUT depending on who it is. Even the best players can have a day off, but if it's a players that has had a few of these then I'd choose this option. Player rating a few low 6's will get the "hard to get a regular first team start" option, again depending on who it is.

With the two options above I'd never be so critical if they player was pretty decent constantly then suddenly gets one low score.

I praise players who have anything from about a 7.3 or a 7.4 or higher to keep their morale up. No use in praising them once and then that's it - need to go through it after every match and do it.