preston79

Reaction score
Hi am wondering how much of an effect this has if you play players who have a status of saying they are hoping the managers lack of experience doesnt hinder the clubs progress,am asking this because I am managing Liverpool and am 6 games into the 1st season and quite a few of my top players have this in their status.

so am wondering if its a good idea to leave them out the squad? (because tbh they are not getting the performances that they are capable of)or should I perservere with them until they improve,am 5 games into the season only won 1,lost 2 and drawn 2,sitting in 15th currently,not too good a start for Liverpool lol.

the players I am talking bout are Mascherano and Alonso,Kuyt,Arbeloa and a few others,any help or advise is appreciated,thank you

if morale is low then it might effect the players, but the player status thing just shows you what he think about you.

maybe they are player rubbish because their PIs dont suit them.

it does effect my inter team alot, lucky there always supurb morale cuz of my team talk, im 3rd in the league so i guess its not cuz of that?

Player morale is very important, just as it is in real life... Take Hull for example - at the start of this season, their confidence was high and they pulled off some massive results, but once they lost a couple, morale dropped and they couldn't win for toffee!

The best ways to keep morale up, is to praise good performances and criticise poor performances (which would inspire them to try harder), giving the correct team talks, never be too harsh on you team, only if you lose to a lower league side when playing at home, regular 1st team football...

With their status currently as it stands, don't worry too much, all you need to do is prove to them you are a more than capable manager, by having a succesful season, if you do this there shouldn't be a problem...

If the players lose confidence in you, then it can have an impact on their form. And if you lose the dressing room and get into a downwards spiral of bad form and poor performances, the board will act quickly to sack you. New contracts in 9.2 helped change the players' minds about me, although I don't know whether this will work in 9.3. Results will improve their thinking, though don't be surprised if some big names will want away and won't re-sign for the you.