Player "More determined than ever" - sudden attribute change

SirSchnabel

Reaction score
Right,

I've been reading the forums for a while, and have played FM since 2008, but I had to register to ask this. While playing FM 13 today something new happened in my Dons save in FM 13: a regen I had signed in the summer played very well in a cup game, and few days later I get a message from my assistant:

"...Bonner has shown a remarkable improvement in his attitude lately. He feels the player has evolved as a result of recent off-field events and is now more determined than ever."

His determination rose from 11 to 17, no other changes in attributes (at least not yet, maybe others will drop).

So, has anyone seen this before? A quick google search yielded no results.

Yup this can happen. Is very nice when it does. It can also happen the other way though, with determination going down.

In a similar vein In my Auxerre game I had about 4 youth players come through in one season all with 20 determination. All of them in different positions (an AMR, 2 DMs and a CB). Just wondering if anyone knows why that could have happened? Obviously it's something I'd like to repeat! I think Teunissen was my head of youth development but I can't remember exactly as my save file was corrupted