Player movement from Bundesliga reserve team to first team?

wele

Reaction score
Meaning to try the Bundesliga for the first time, but I can't wrap my head entirely around the B team system. The specific team in question is Stuttgart btw. They have a B team which plays a few tiers below the first team.

The issue is that moving players from the B team to the main team doesn't look as seamless as it did in other leagues. When I took the team over I was immediately greeted with a fitness/depth issue, so I figured I'd bring a kid from the B team into the main team.

My first "uh..." moment was a pop-up that said "you sure you wanna do this?" and I thought "why wouldn't I be? this gonna f something up?" And then after going through with it and taking a look at my updated squad, the freshly moved player was noted as "unavailable for next match". Just a friendly at that.

Anybody tell me what the hold-up is here? Thanks.

Figured it out. Team was already in the middle of a training camp. I originally did try registering the upgraded players to the training camp, but it didn't immediately take. Gotta register and advance the time to see the players become available. Cheers.