Gerd Muller

Reaction score
Evening all, just loaded up FM to play and on both my saves Inter and Barca the player names have all been changed to randomly generated names? I play the game with real players.

Any one know what has happened? or how to change the names back?

see below

View attachment 329115 View attachment 329114

EDIT: I now try to start a new save and it cannot trigger one, I get constant crash dumps

View attachment 329112

Last edited:
Cracked version eh? Nosteam right? and don't tell me it's not since the exact same thing is happening to a friend of mine

Last edited:
I laugh every time I see someone asking to fix their "crack" :p

I laugh every time I see someone asking to fix their "crack" :p

Interesting conclusions you have all jumped to there.

1. Yes it is through steam, and has had the product code input
2. I paid full price for game
3. I own the actual copy of the game
4. I don't even know how to get a cracked copy (hence why I can't figure this out probably)

Therefore, thank you 3 complete morons for pointing the metaphorical finger and making false accusations. You have not helped in the slightest with any technical issues I raised in my OP. I would suggest your time is better spent elsewhere being somewhat useful to people? Shame on you ma foi!

Last edited:
Cracked version eh? Nosteam right? and don't tell me it's not since the exact same thing is happening to a friend of mine

Evening my friend, please do take a moment or so to read the above post in this thread. I do feel it relates to you, and your response to me a day or so ago. If I didnt value my forum membership I would probably use all the expletives I feel appropriate to describe what i truly think of your response. But hey ho.....

Evening my friend, please do take a moment or so to read the above post in this thread. I do feel it relates to you, and your response to me a day or so ago. If I didnt value my forum membership I would probably use all the expletives I feel appropriate to describe what i truly think of your response. But hey ho.....

You're not fooling anyone bro. This is a very well known problem of the cracked version and nobody else is complaining about it.

You're not fooling anyone bro. This is a very well known problem of the cracked version and nobody else is complaining about it.

View attachment 328747

Please do tell me that what you see above is a cracked version of FM15, and how it isn't the official version of the game sat in my Steam games library, in Steam Offline Mode

View attachment 706409

Please do tell me that what you see above is a cracked version of FM15, and how it isn't the official version of the game sat in my Steam games library, in Steam Offline Mode
you do know thay will say this is fake go to the si forums mate see if some has put up some thing like this if not start 1 mate cos something has gone wrong

you do know thay will say this is fake go to the si forums mate see if some has put up some thing like this if not start 1 mate cos something has gone wrong

Cheers Kitchin,

I'll give that a try, in case it affects anyone else. Not too fussed what the guys think when the picture of my Steam account is JC'ing up there for everyone to see :p

Ironically I can start a new save now with real player names

View attachment 328736

Laptops Eh!?!?

Calling someone a moron? That's not immature at all.

Did you recently re-install a new version of the game and used an old save?

Same thing has just happened to me. Although I am on a custom database, which very well could be the cause of the problem.

Hi Gerd Muller

could you let me know where this forum is on the SI forums please?

Cheers

For the record I have the same issue on a Steam-purchased copy of FM2015. Plays fine on my PC, took the save to play on my laptop while away for the weekend and today it gave me completely different player names. Was working fine on my laptop yesterday though!

SI Forum seems to be down atm so will bring it up on there, unless anyone here has solved this? Might just be a corrupt save and there's nothing that can be done.

I just had a similar problem. Tabbed out of FM15, and names suddenly changed. Not only player names...manager names too! Switching skins didn't help either:
http://i.imgur.com/rGkdF5K.jpg

That's okay, I have backups on Dropbox. OH NO!! It also randomized names, even new randomized names:
http://i.imgur.com/cOaeknC.jpg

Panicking, I remoted into my other computer. The names were fine over there. Looks like the save was not corrupted--just my install on this computer. Compare this save 1 and save 2 to the ones posted earlier and you can see what I mean.
http://i.imgur.com/4EXcK1i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tw9B5bf.jpg

Thankfully, quitting and restarting eventually fixed the problem.