bennymc2007

Reaction score
Something I've always wondered with FM is why do the players have anglicised names all the time?

Tosic for example, should be Tošić, Vidic should be Vidić.

This is pedantic, I know, but I just find it strange that in a game that's striving for realism, players names aren't right. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this?

Mine does. I didn't know it was Fabrégas until I played the game.

We don't want to type the accents into the search bar, that is why ;)

right, but it can't be that hard to program it to know that if you type Vidic, you're looking for Vidić, if you get what I mean.

True but I didn't know that game needed so much realism for some people, am I right and thinking that Vidic's shirt at United says Vidic though and not the way you spell it which I am sure is correct but I am also sure it is not required. I don't think Vidic really minds ;)

really doesn't matter, does it?

Like I said, it's pedantic, but it was on my mind.

It might not matter to some I'm sure, but then skinning FM matters to some people and it doesn't mean anything to me.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

True but I didn't know that game needed so much realism for some people, am I right and thinking that Vidic's shirt at United says Vidic though and not the way you spell it which I am sure is correct but I am also sure it is not required. I don't think Vidic really minds ;)

Haha yeah, it does say VIDIC on his shirt but that's mostly because you don't use accents in upper case (most of the time)... I'm sure you're quite right that he doesn't care, though.

I don't know, I was just curious really, wanted to see if anyone knew the reason why they didn't incorporate the Cyrillic letters when games like CM10 did.

Fair enough, I suppose it is just easier not to incorporate Cyrillic letters as I imagine it will confuse some people

I think it could be different depending on the language you have selected.