Player not selectable for champions league group stages

TheEquinox

Reaction score
Hi there,

so I got a right winger from Liberia for my Stuttgart Team, Sekou Oliseh from ZSKA Moscow, but when it came to the point where I have to select the 25 players for the group stages, I couldn't select him, because at the place where usually the In/Out dropdown would be, this player just had a "N.A." text and I couldn't chose him.

I checked the rules of the champions league to find out if there is any limitation for players from Liberia or anything, but couldn't see anything.

Any idea why he can't be selected ?

Has he already been registered for CSKA in the Champions League? May be the case if you signed him in January or he played for them in pre-lims/qualifiers. That would be my guess.

I don't think so, because I bought him in the regular pre season window. Also, CSKA is only in Euro League, not in champions league this season...

A player can be ineligible for the Champions League if he has been registered for the Euro League as well - just found out, so it could still be that.

Ok thanks for the info, is there any way to check if it is that ? Because on the player page it just says that the player is not available for the next match, but not why.

Edit : And if it is that, would he be available for the next round then ?

From UEFA:
Excluding the Intertoto Cup and UEFA Super Cup (...) a player may not play UEFA club competition matches for more than one competing club in the course of the same season.

So, no, won't be available for the whole season if that is the reason :/