• Scott Brown

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Gary Caldwell

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McNavdo

Reaction score
I personally think this is a bit early but since the shortlist for player of the year is already out (Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis, Scott Brown and Gary Caldwell) then maybe this is the perfect time to discuss it :D
So who is your player of the year and why? it can be any player within the SPL and if you wish you can pass judgement on the shortlist and tell me who should be player of the year from the shortlist
My player of the year would have to be Scott Brown. I'm a rangers fan but i feel he has improved vastly this season and he is even grabbing some goals aswell :p

Agreed Scott Brown but I also think Fletcher has been good.

Agreed Scott Brown but I also think Fletcher has been good.

Theres no doubt about that. Fletcher has had a great season. You just have to look at the goal he scored against Rangers. It's just a shame we can't afford him :(

I wouldnt mind sein him at Celtic either man.

Well there is a very good chance that you will see him at Celtic. You do have the money and i think you need another striker. If you sign him then your welcome to send McDonald to Rangers ;)

Samaras isn't that bad. You just need him to start scoring more. You cant deny that he works hard although celtics problem is both McDonald and Samaras drift into the wings so they cant play together. You need Hesselink in there to balance it out

Hes too selfish he doesnt pass as much as he should. Plus hes scared of the ball lol

well im willing to give him a chance. Kris Boyd and Georgio Samaras. We can call them Lazy and the Tramp lol

who the **** voted for Mendes. let us know and explain yourself lol

Mendes has had a good season. Personally i totally disagree with 2/4. Mendes and Caldwell? **** off SFA. Fair enough Brown and Davis have had pretty great seasons (davis gets my vote) But Caldwell and Mendes have not been 'player of the year' good

Where is Andy Dorman scoring 15 odd goals from midfield for St Mirren and Boyd (as much of a ***** he is) has scored over 30 goals ?? Bruno Aguair at Hearts was out for 19 months and has been amazing for us.

I dont think Mendes or Caldwell should be there either. Theyve had good seasons but there should be players from outside the top two there because theyre playing alot harder games especially the teams fighting relegation.

I dont think Mendes or Caldwell should be there either. Theyve had good seasons but there should be players from outside the top two there because theyre playing alot harder games especially the teams fighting relegation.

agree completley
how boyd is not there i do not know. the usual 25 to 30 goals from him
once again giving gers a chance of actually winning something

personally 4 me davis once again has stood out.
brown has been good and is good. i am a gers fan but would happily take him ahead of ferguson or thomson but i do honestly think davis has more influence on gers and brown is overrated.

mendes is really overrated along with caldwell.
also why has bougherra not got a mention 4 gers?! been vgood

my 4 candidates 4 it would be brown davis boyd and bougherra
surely people agree with me tht bougherra is a better defender than caldwell?!

COMMENTS PLEASE :)

Mendes has had a good season. Personally i totally disagree with 2/4. Mendes and Caldwell? **** off SFA. Fair enough Brown and Davis have had pretty great seasons (davis gets my vote) But Caldwell and Mendes have not been 'player of the year' good

Where is Andy Dorman scoring 15 odd goals from midfield for St Mirren and Boyd (as much of a ***** he is) has scored over 30 goals ?? Bruno Aguair at Hearts was out for 19 months and has been amazing for us.

He doesnt play for Celtic or Rangers. As a result he wouldnt win...

who the **** voted for Mendes. let us know and explain yourself lol

i voted for mendes lol
i think he has played well and i like him so its made it has swayed my vote in his favour

I dont think Bougherra or Caldwell have been all that great I think its just because they play for the big two.
But Boyd should be there. Still a wank but lol.

c'mon people. lets forget about who we support for a second. i really can't believe how anyone can think that Scott Brown is overrated. compared to scottish football Scott Brown is one of the few good players we have. Bougherra has had a good season but i would never try and compare him to Carlos Cuellar. Bougherra is just another Boumsong, send him down south and he would be useless. He was never even that great for Charlton and they were at championship level. Andy Dorman now that i think of it probably deserves player of the year. A midfielder who scores like him is almost unheard of and if both of the Old Firm are after you then you must be one of the best in the country. Once again lets stop looking at this through blue/green/maroon etc tinted glasses and lets appreciate the players who deserve it

Last edited:
c'mon people. lets forget about who we support for a second. i really can't believe how anyone can think that Scott Brown is overrated. compared to scottish football Scott Brown is one of the few good players we have. Bougherra has had a good season but i would never try and compare him to Carlos Cuellar. Bougherra is just another Boumsong, send him down south and he would be useless. He was never even that great for Charlton and they were at championship level. Andy Dorman now that i think of it probably deserves player of the year. A midfielder who scorse like him is almost unheard of and if both of the Old Firm are after you then you must be one of the best in the country. Once again lets stop looking at this through blue/green/maroon etc tinted glasses and lets appreciate the players who deserve it

Well put

cheers. its about time we started to look at thinks as Scottish football fans rather than old firm fans. i really dont see why we have to hate each other and be so ignorant to the fact that there are good players in every team whether it's Scott Brown, Steve Davis or even Scott Arfield