Player on youth contract refusing to sign full time contract

mersk

Reaction score
So yeah, title pretty much sums it up.

I have a player who recently turned 17, and I offered him a full time contract. He has 5 star potential and asked for £30k per week, I tried to negotiate it and he turned me down. It's been about 2 weeks since that happened, and still he's not willing to discuss a contract. I'm just concerned someone's going to approach him and offer him a contract.

Has anyone experienced this? The agent says "unfriendly" but that shouldn't really be a problem. I've managed to open negotiations even with agents described as hating me. Is it just a matter of time, or have I fu*ked up with being cheap?

i have experienced this also where in my case i have spotted 5 star potential players signed them on free and then when they are 17 they want 30-40k a week wages. i didn't find away around this

May just have to cut your losses and let the greedy ******* go I'm afraid. Though his demands may significantly drop if he's about to finish on his youth contract and hasn't got offers from other teams yet. If he leaves, he leaves, and it sucks. But don't set him for release or anything like that, I'd just wait and see if his demands drop, and pray no team swoops for him.

Sounds like Paul Pogba to me..

But I'm with the others, jus let the lad go and hope to find a better replacement in the future.

Looks decent enough I guess! Seems very versatile too!