sn1p3r

Reaction score
Hi,

was searching around but could not find anything directly to this, so thought its give it a try

wanted to find out if anyone looks for certain personalities for certain positions and how they found this.

This FM13 I have concentrated on Training and Tutoring fore mostly, and where i used to buy the best players and change my tactics to suit the changing dynamics of the team, I now either try to buy the right players for the tactics and mould the young prospects into the tactics.

I play as arsenal and I am very focusses on possession, short passing build up play. The tactics has been very successful.

but this got me thinking about personalities..

its fair to say Model Citizen is the best but I have never come across one and then i found that most of my squad was either determined or professional.

This was until I got a re gen in my youth academy who was spirited and a striker. It reminded me of Javier Hernandez and he turned out to be a gem, he is 24 now. I decided not to have him tutored.

I am now working around this and have adopted the approach:

I play a 4-5-1 formation ( 3 central mids and 2 wingers)

Gk: Iron Willed/Resilient/Resolute

DC: Resolute/Professional/Model Professional

D R/L: Drive/Determined

CM: Model Professional/Determined/Driven

AM R/L: Spirited

St: perfectionist/spirited

So wanted to see what others take on this is, whether it bothers you at all or not.

Its fair to say we all look for the positives but are there certain positive personalities you look for for certain positions over others ?

this is a very interesting subject, unfortunately I have nothing to offer but I look forward to hearing what people, "raikan" " TBH" have to say on this subject.

Good personalities are good personalities. This is an easy mistake to make but none of this means anything, just get them the best personalities possible, whatever for any position.

I'll go into a break down of what each related attribute does to prove my point, show it isn't possible, and hopefully end some myths:
Professionalism - training application only but extremely important in it, a lot more important than determination to training. If a regen is low in this, they'll get drunk before a match and miss training a lot etc.
Ambition - The chances of wanting to aim for a higher club, very little influence in training, you only ever tend to notice if its high or low if they have very average or poor personality stats elsewhere, this probably led to that myth.
Loyalty - How loyal they are to their club.
Determination - How likely they're to come out of a bad spell or come back from behind. Less likely to become complacent. Has a massive effect on match performance, leading to an indirect effect on development but it doesn't have the direct effect a lot think.
Controversy - There's a lot of controversy over this one, a lot appear to think that it means Suarez kind of stuff. It's how likely they'll talk to the press in bad situations and how negative it'll be.
Temperament - If this is low they're more likely to go mad, high, they almost never will. It's mainly off the pitch conduct this affects.

Last edited:
The professionalism element and its relation to training its pretty obvious and a lot of the positive personalities have, either good/very good or top professionalism,

although not an exact science, can it not be argued that the above breakdown could be a desired attributed to certain positions more than others.? and there is more likelihood of it being more effective for certain positions than others.

There is no real connect between player personalities and positions to be honest

Gogogo Golem has it spot on. Good personalities are good personalities.

The closest you might get is players who need to battle in roles (targetmen, BWMs etc, leading CDs), high determination there is a big bonus

There is no real connect between player personalities and positions to be honest

Gogogo Golem has it spot on. Good personalities are good personalities.

The closest you might get is players who need to battle in roles (targetmen, BWMs etc, leading CDs), high determination there is a big bonus

sorry mike i have to disagree, im finding out more and more that those different personalities are making a difference to my team

sorry mike i have to disagree, im finding out more and more that those different personalities are making a difference to my team

Yes, but not to specific positions.

As a whole of course, they are vital. I dont care how talented a player is, if he has a **** personality, or I cant tutor him from a **** personality, he is useless to me.

A resolute DL isnt any better than an iron willed one.

although not an exact science, can it not be argued that the above breakdown could be a desired attributed to certain positions more than others.? and there is more likelihood of it being more effective for certain positions than others.
I'll give you high determination may help in certain roles, but overall, no.
That's either or a mixture of them having better personalities, including pressure which I missed out - it effects how players do under pressure (links with determination)- better players, better suited players to your tactic and a better gelled team. However, any difference you think is happening is in your head and it's other factors effecting your team.

Last edited:
Golem and Mike have covered it mate :)

just because your tactic is doing well with a GOOD team does not mean that this is working... personalities are personalities and will not have any affect on the pitch! all of them are off the pitch, how they handle themselves, how hard they push at training, how grumpy they are etc as well as tutoring...

spirited usually comes with a player with very high flair and flamboyant comes with high creativity or both

I always have a determined squad, always have and always will! I never really look at personalities when buying a player! if the player has the required stats I need then he is in but if he has a **** one then I do tend to stay away for the sake of squad harmony and future problems...

Personalities will have an affect on and off the pitch, what I was trying to say to Fanty111, is that there will not be too much difference between the various good personalities on the pitch, because they will mostly share the same good hidden attributes. These are what I will live with, anything else needs a tutor usually:

• Model Citizen Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Pre 18-20, Amb 18-20, Loy 18-20, Spo 18-20, Tem 18-20
  • Model Professional Pro 20, Tem 10-20
  • Professional Pro 18-19, Tem 10-20
  • Iron Willed Pre 20, Det 15-20
  • Resilient Pre 17-19, Det 15-20
  • Light-Hearted Pre 15-20, Spo 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 1-17
  • Spirited Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 11-17, Spo 1-14
  • Leader Inf 19 or Inf 20 & Det < 20
  • Driven Det 20, Amb 10-20
  • Determined Det 18-19, Amb 10-20
  • Born Leader Inf 20 & Det 20. Age needs to be 23+
  • Fairly Professional Pro 15-20, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Determined Det 15-20, Pro 1-14, Spo 5-20, Pre 1-16