Player Position and Training - Can't Decide - Need Help

Malich

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me with a decision. I have a few good players and I can't decide where/how to play them all together, or even if i should. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.

My main striker at the moment:

These are two new players that I bought this season:

Dimitrije Grgurevic:

Niklas Reitmaier:
http://s227.photobucket.com/user/Malich00/media/2013-04-27_00004.jpg.html

The tactics I currently use are a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1. Any suggestion on this front would also be greatly appreciated.

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/Malich00/media/2013-04-27_00002-1.jpg.html

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
I would try and help but it won't let me see the 3rd or 4th picture?

hey bud,

keep with your 1st striker if he is performing well! Dimitri looks a good striker, great teamwork and workrate! maybe work on his quickness, he could be a good wide player (AMR) and will provide cover

Rotate Niklas with your main striker, he will become very good!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-how-train-tutor-my-players-thread.html

where did you finish last season? see you starting a new season!

how did your tactic perform? did you notice any weaknesses?

Hey Raikan007,

Thanks for your response. I'm at work at the moment, so I can't post any pictures, but I can do so later if you want/need to see anything.

I use a German lower leagues database and have been promoted back to back three times into Division 1 of the Bundesliga. I was 2nd or 3rd (I forget exactly, but pretty sure it was 3rd and 13 points behind 1st place) last season and unfortunately won in the playoff to get promoted. I say unfortunately because I didn't think that my team could handle the next division, so I was both happy to get promoted and a little sad that I'd suffer through a bad season.

I'm about half way through my first season in 1. Bundesliga and have had to move away from the 4-2-3-1 formation as I couldn't get it to offer enough support at the back, or offer enough penetration at the top for some reason. I've switched to two (2) 4-3-3 formations alongside my basic 4-4-2. I've been relying on my counter 4-3-3 (with 2 DM's and 1 CM) to really hit the big teams on the break, but am still failing pretty hard this season. I'm sitting in 12th place at the moment. I've watched most of the goals that have been scored against me, a lot come from corners, but most from my CB's moving off their line and no one tracking the player running through (why I switched to 2 DM's).

I splurged a bit on Dimitri as I was really weak at AML and have been playing him as an Inside Forward there as he is Right Foot Only. Should I move him to AMR instead? I have a pretty good winger there who was the league assist leader last season.

My main striker has been a bit underwhelming this season so far, instead my wingers have been the ones scoring or my CB from set pieces. I'm hoping its just because he still hasn't learnt German and therefore can't communicate with his teammates very well and the defenders are just marking him out of the game. He is still getting above a 7.0 rating and has some great movement off the ball ocassionally, but he is not scoring nearly as much as I believe he should or would like.

There haven't been any really excellent consistent performances, so I'm only judging my team on losing 1-0, 2-1 or drawing instead of the 6 - 0 I imagined.

I have a really young team, everyone is between 19 - 24, so i'm expecting them to perform a little better next season once they've played together for a while and have grown a little.

Thanks for your help.

yeah mate, give your squad time to gel and learn the language!

just try and survive this season, do not worry about scorelines etc, 3 points is 3 points at the moment!

I am also conceding a lot from corners, no matter what I set and match prep (defend set pieces) so not sure who else is having this as well

I would rotate Dimitri wherever you can play him!

Survived my first season in the top division. Ended up in 13th place and my right winger was league assists leader again. On the plus side, my striker finally started to learn German and there was a marked improvement in his co-ordination with the other players.

I played Dimitri all over the park as a result of injuries, and he definitely performed best at striker but he'll have to stay at AML as I don't have a better option there.

Other than that, it was a pretty mediocre performance. I have higher expectations next season for my strikers and goalie, who let in 49 goals from 33 appearances :(

My Goalie: